Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to change my O2 sensor settings to achieve a condition in which I will have a slightly richer air/fuel mix at idle and cruise when in closed-loop mode. I attached a couple of comparison screen shots, the ZR1 has a more aggressive cam and fatter MAF curve. With the stock V settings my slightly richer trims just get eaten alive as they should with stock settings. ;) Any feedback greatly appreciated! ty

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There are some threads over on HP Tuners about this.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
284 Posts
dosnt really work as CL always targets around stoich as thats its job, the 02's dont read fuel they read oxygen so whats getting into your chamber and being burnt is correct even if u think it need more, if u have EOIT u can delay the time a little so with camshaft u get more fuel into the chamber at idle instead of going out the exhaust that can help, too rich at idle will build up crap on the pistons over time as its not a cleaning environment, not sure exactly what ur wanting to achieve tho ?

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dosnt really work as CL always targets around stoich as thats its job, the 02's dont read fuel they read oxygen so whats getting into your chamber and being burnt is correct even if u think it need more, if u have EOIT u can delay the time a little so with camshaft u get more fuel into the chamber at idle instead of going out the exhaust that can help, too rich at idle will build up crap on the pistons over time as its not a cleaning environment, not sure exactly what ur wanting to achieve tho ?
Thanks for the response. You are correct pointing out not desirable having a rich idle in my posting, I meant cruise range only. My thought was targeting something like 14.2 at part throttle? Just thought it might benefit the health of the engine having a slightly rich cruise fuel ratio?

There are some threads over on HP Tuners about this.

Thanks for the link. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the response. You are correct pointing out not desirable having a rich idle in my posting, I meant cruise range only. My thought was targeting something like 14.2 at part throttle? Just thought it might benefit the health of the engine having a slightly rich cruise fuel ratio?
what i usually do is keep all the idle, cruise and normal driving around town at stoich, then i usually have PE kick in a little earlier (also have to see the TPS when u start to make boost) and have it so when u use throttle above normal driving u will kick into PE which helps with a little torque for the mid throttle, only problem with PD boost is u can go max boost at almost any rpm so its hard to get a middle ground where u want some enrichment still below boost but not boost enrichment values so u will have to play around with it, but normal cruise just keep stoich is best anything more just isnt needed at such a low load

1 - 6 of 6 Posts