Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
its very easy, the whole process takes no time at all
just wipe them down and spray bomb them. Hang them with a piece of string or wire

take you longer to let them dry before loading the new refill in

·
Registered
60 Posts
its very easy, the whole process takes no time at all
just wipe them down and spray bomb them. Hang them with a piece of string or wire

take you longer to let them dry before loading the new refill in
I'll take a closer look when I get into the parking garage after work. =D Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh my god. I'm such an idiot. I was thinking you removed the entire wiper assembly with arm when you spray paint them. I see what you did now. Ok I get it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Does anybody have a good source for the wiper blade refills/inserts (the rubber piece only)? I was able to detach the rubber portion from the rest of the wiper assembly, but couldn't find the correct refill anywhere. I measured and they're 19" and 22".

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anybody have a good source for the wiper blade refills/inserts (the rubber piece only)? I was able to detach the rubber portion from the rest of the wiper assembly, but couldn't find the correct refill anywhere. I measured and they're 19" and 22".
TRICO - Windshield Wiper Blade Refill: 45-190
TRICO - Windshield Wiper Blade Refill: 45-220

Both passenger and drivers side. I got them at O'Reilly's

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
while you have the blades off clean them and hit them with some of this, they will look better than new
my advanced auto always has it on the shelf

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts
I picked up some replacement wipers that also had the wing on them from locally. I think they were around $15 each and seem to work well; but I don't recall the brand name.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Received the blade refills yesterday and installed them. It was a little tricky but very straightforward. I'll definitely be doing it this way from now on (since I ordered 8 pairs of refills lol).

·
Registered
104 Posts
you dont even need tools, they just bend and hold in place with tabs on the refill
before you put the refills in Shoot the blades with some semi-flat krylon while they are off and they will look brand new again
I know its an old thread but i need to do this, my Wiper blades hv been toast 4 a while but i was dreading the aftermarket replacements.
I initially debated spraying or soaking with them in 303 UV spray

·
Registered
104 Posts
For anyone still trying to do this Trico has stopped making the refills so we might just hv to do a dealer replacement to keep the OEM look but if you can get a store that still has stock of this I would load up since Trico does not make them any more.
I just did an order replacement but next time I will do PIAA silicone refills(PIAA | Silicone Wiper Refill 19"(475Mm) #94048) & the 22" this shud be worth the $

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I just ordered a spare set of the OEM blades as a backup. In reality the car now doesn't really see bad weather, so the wipers don't get used much if at all, so I should be set for a while.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I bought my 09 V used it came with some cheap blades, (I clay bar my windshield and blades) but they would skip across windshield at speed, I ended up installing Trico Ultra's they have a little wing or as they call it a Vortec aerofoil on them for better performance at highway speeds, but I might still go get some OEM's to compare to.

Trico Ultra are American made
TRICO® Ultra | High Performance Wiper Blades Made in the USA (tricoproducts.com)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts