Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type/size are the OEM windshield wipers on the V? I don't have my car with otherwise I'd go outside and check.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
21&22". I just ordered OEM replacements. After all, they ARE 200mph wipers.:rolleyes:

·
2X 9 second club
11,147 Posts
the stock ones have some little wing on them. i replaced mine with rain x and they suck donkey balls.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
I don't even know where the wiper switch is. Only time it's rained here since I got the car was early this week, and I was up in Portland, OR, where it was 84 degrees.

Go figure, huh?

I actually miss rain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I replaced the blade insert instead of replacing the entire blade (and losing the wing).

Driver's side is 22" x 8 mm. Trico 45-220
Passenger's side is 19" x 6 mm Trico 45-190

I am on my third set of inserts now (with the original metal blades). It rains a lot in Florida.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the blade insert instead of replacing the entire blade (and losing the wing).

I am on my third set of inserts now (with the original metal blades). It rains a lot in Florida.
Thanks pimp! Just placed an order on amazon.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have a brand new extra set if anyone needs them. The dealer accientally ordered two sets for me so I picked them both up...$50 shipped for the pair.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Sorry to bring this up from the past. =)

How do you install them? I have never in my life installed a refill before, but I want to keep the OEM wiper blade assembly because of the spoilers on them.

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
you dont even need tools, they just bend and hold in place with tabs on the refill
before you put the refills in Shoot the blades with some semi-flat krylon while they are off and they will look brand new again

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
refills purchased at amazon are like $11 for the pair, how much is a pair of the whole blade from GM?

·
Registered
60 Posts
refills purchased at amazon are like $11 for the pair, how much is a pair of the whole blade from GM?
I got mine at O'Reilly's for the same price. I'll install them over the weekend when I wash/wax/detail my car.

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
I got mine at O'Reilly's for the same price. I'll install them over the weekend when I wash/wax/detail my car.
telling you this is the best spray can of paint ever when you just want something to have a natural look of being new
makes plastic look new and metal look like its anodized

1 - 20 of 37 Posts