Registered
1,177 Posts
Near 40/42 off Ten Ten Rd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Near 40/42 off Ten Ten Rd.

Do you ever make it out to any cars and coffee? I'm normally at the one in Morrisville when I had my S5, once this V is how I want it, I'll probably go to the Wake Forest Cars and Coffee due to more american builds there. Morrisville was always more German and import build scene.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Do you ever make it out to any cars and coffee? I'm normally at the one in Morrisville when I had my S5, once this V is how I want it, I'll probably go to the Wake Forest Cars and Coffee due to more american builds there. Morrisville was always more German and import build scene.
I have been to the C&C in the area (and the one in Fuquay that is no longer going on.) After I complete my TT build I will be going again.

Hope to see you there!
David

Reactions: TmAlford

·
Registered
2,993 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Raleigh, NC here (near Cary). '14 Coupe black diamond MT6. This is my first GM car and enjoying it so far. Anyone around here currently running a V2 CTSV up at VIR or down at CMP this year?

Anyone have any good local shop recommendations? Tom Long's shop (LRR) and Mayhem motorsport are the only two I'm familiar with. Mayhem did my last roll cage, and liked their work, but they haven't been returning my RFQ on an exhaust for this new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oops. Premature send. I've done oodles of track days throughout the Southeast, but none in my V...... Yet. Thinking about doing the THSCC event at VIR in September. We'll see how the schedule works out. Also trying to wrap my mind around the idea of having the discipline to drive on-track with an expensive( to me) street car when I've always tracked a caged and relatively expendable toy.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Oops. Premature send. I've done oodles of track days throughout the Southeast, but none in my V...... Yet. Thinking about doing the THSCC event at VIR in September. We'll see how the schedule works out. Also trying to wrap my mind around the idea of having the discipline to drive on-track with an expensive( to me) street car when I've always tracked a caged and relatively expendable toy.
Hell yea man. You're right down the road from me, just north of GSO here! When my car is back together, come let me throw you around a bit in a coilovers/sways V!

Raleigh, NC here (near Cary). '14 Coupe black diamond MT6. This is my first GM car and enjoying it so far. Anyone around here currently running a V2 CTSV up at VIR or down at CMP this year?

Anyone have any good local shop recommendations? Tom Long's shop (LRR) and Mayhem motorsport are the only two I'm familiar with. Mayhem did my last roll cage, and liked their work, but they haven't been returning my RFQ on an exhaust for this new car.
For the love of all things good, stay away from Mayhem. I don't know of LRR.

RPM in Garner has a decent rep, PCM in Mooresville. There are other diamonds sprinklers throughout. Being a 6MT gives you more flexibility. Essentially means you don't have to go looking for Rick Crawford to tune you, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. Been running a caged and ratty old M3 for years, and just finished up another e30 to rent out, but I'm really interested in getting the V out on the track. This car is very very heavy, so I'm wondering if folks have brake heating issues. People running diff coolers, trans coolers, and oil coolers to keep things cool?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts