Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'll look, but car has 10,092 miles on it.... not beaten on.
The factory bushings are shite. I've seen them blown at low mileage, just like the shocks.

Reactions: V_Wagon

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,564 Posts
Have these nord locks been proven yet? Seems they are hit and miss from the last several pages

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Have these nord locks been proven yet? Seems they are hit and miss from the last several pages
They work. I’d also consider new bushings and increasing torque values 10% for the nordlock friction introduced to joint

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,564 Posts
Impossible to find rear bushings except the diff bushings and cradle bushings. When I rebuild the front and rear in the near future I will be adding nord locks for a reliable alignment

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is there a Grainger part # for the Nordloks? My 12,000 garage queen lost it's camber. control arm is definitely sliding around. I'm only doing the front suspension.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Front bolt:

Rear bolt:

·
Premium Member
16,819 Posts
I upgraded to the GevPWR oversized dimpled washers and they are superior IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I upgraded to the GevPWR oversized dimpled washers and they are superior IMHO.

I seem to remember a debate about which is better...

I have played with Nordlock and those suckers really lock on there without trying much and I understand the engineering behind them. I don't know if I buy just plain dimpled washers.

·
Premium Member
16,819 Posts
I seem to remember a debate about which is better...

I have played with Nordlock and those suckers really lock on there without trying much and I understand the engineering behind them. I don't know if I buy just plain dimpled washers.
I have a comparison thread in this same section with photos.

Yes the Nordlock mechanism is great - they're just too small for the way our cars are put together. Maybe half of the washer's surface area will actually clamp onto the subframe (due to the adjustment slot cutouts). So sure, they lock - but its just not enough friction relative to surface area. So in a way, the smaller Nordlocks have more pressure per unit of area, but less grip force because they can distort and move the aluminum around - and then slip.

The Gev washers are relatively massive in size, with the dimples just allowing more friction as they compress into the aluminum subframe - and more overall grip.

Bigger surface area = more grip due to distributed clamping force (makes sense when you look at the adjustment slots in the subframe and how the nordlocks are just barely able to cover it).

·
Registered
387 Posts
I took my V to an alignment guy. He installed the 5/8" NORD washers, but not the 9/16". Not sure why. He did an aggressive alignment, we'll see if it holds up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine is still hanging in there and on the second set of tires no alignment issues. I like the Nord washers but those others look impressive too.

·
Premium Member
16,819 Posts
do you have a link for the ones I would need?
Nope.

You'll have to find "GevPWR" on facebook or other social media and message them.

I would suggest you to call them but Google (a fantastic search engine used for finding businesses BTW) has their store listed as permanently closed?

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,056 Posts

Says not open to the public. He had a post that said he has a ton of work. Send a message and ask about the washers.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts