Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, been cruising through the forums for a while.
Bought my 2011 CTS-V 6 months ago or so.
Little info, I live in Ontario Canada. I have no E85 close by me. I also don’t have any reputable engine places near me to steer me in the right directions.
Car currently puts down 673hp 662t with the belt slipping and not making full boost. The mods will be in an attached picture.
I have a ProMeth kit waiting to be installed, and I have a Kong 2650 with 3” pulley in the mail.
My few questions are as I’ve read many different things on fuel.
Where do my stock pumps run out? Do I need new pumps, or can I up the voltage?

I know my crank is forged, but how good is it?I know I need to put forged pistons in, but should I do the rods and crank while I’m in there?

anythung else I should know before or after we instal the meth,bigger blower and tune it?

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,040 Posts
You're going to need to address the fuel system with the Kong 2650. If sticking to pump gas, the DSX auxiliary fuel pump kit would support your goals.

For the bottom end, depending on the end goal, a set of rods and pistons with the factory crank is a great option to add some additional headroom.

Let us know if we can help.

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
You didn't mention where in Ontario you live, but I can recommend 20Twenty Speed in Dundas for tuning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You're going to need to address the fuel system with the Kong 2650. If sticking to pump gas, the DSX auxiliary fuel pump kit would support your goals.

For the bottom end, depending on the end goal, a set of rods and pistons with the factory crank is a great option to add some additional headroom.

Let us know if we can help.
Is it a preference thing on upgrading the intank pumps vs running the DSX aux pump kit and if doing the intank pump upgrade do you recommend the AEM or DW I mean I know u sell both but I’m only trying to crack open that tank and tear apart that fuel pump unit once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello all, been cruising through the forums for a while.
Bought my 2011 CTS-V 6 months ago or so.
Little info, I live in Ontario Canada. I have no E85 close by me. I also don’t have any reputable engine places near me to steer me in the right directions.
Car currently puts down 673hp 662t with the belt slipping and not making full boost. The mods will be in an attached picture.
I have a ProMeth kit waiting to be installed, and I have a Kong 2650 with 3” pulley in the mail.
My few questions are as I’ve read many different things on fuel.
Where do my stock pumps run out? Do I need new pumps, or can I up the voltage?

I know my crank is forged, but how good is it?I know I need to put forged pistons in, but should I do the rods and crank while I’m in there?

anythung else I should know before or after we instal the meth,bigger blower and tune it?
Ur crank will more than what u can put to it it’s the OEM Rods and pistons that like to die

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Smh

Where is the grammar police when you need them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it a preference thing on upgrading the intank pumps vs running the DSX aux pump kit and if doing the intank pump upgrade do you recommend the AEM or DW I mean I know u sell both but I’m only trying to crack open that tank and tear apart that fuel pump unit once

I would like to know that as well.
I’ve also read somewhere you can just tune the FCIM to put out more voltage?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would like to know that as well.
I’ve also read somewhere you can just tune the FCIM to put out more voltage?
Not sure. I’d reply with more details when/if I find out but don’t wanna trigger the grammar police again

^ didn’t put a period up there on purpose for triggering effect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts