Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts
My Tire of choice year around where I live Is the Nitto NT05R in 305 on a stock rear rim. I drive my car hard and do some canyon style ish driving. I live in the mountains so its not all straight line.
There is zero issue I have encountered with running a 305 on a stock 10inch wheel. Not sure who thinks its unsafe but I have had no issues at all. Car makes 800 wheel.
For track use I use a 315 on a set of welds and MT ET street Rs.
Also I drive my Nittos around on 28 PSI cold.

To me Bang for buck the NT05R gets you the best grip for the money. I consistently get 8-10k street miles out of them.
In the current market They are 325$
Before covid I was finding them for about 280$
it depends on the specific tire, rated at 305 not all tires have the same tread width
on a sedan people have reported the 305 SS to feel loose

·
Registered
347 Posts
it depends on the specific tire, rated at 305 not all tires have the same tread width
on a sedan people have reported the 305 SS to feel loose
I cant speak for all 305 tires...
The Nitto 305 Is plenty wide and is perfectly find for DD use.
It should be noted that I run a full Rain tire up front encase I do run into some rain I have max wet performance on the front.

I still dont understand how you think a 285 stock tire will have the same contact patch as a 305..
Correct me if I am incorrect here but the 305 is the widest you can run on a 19 on a sedan without fender rolling.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
236 Posts
My Tire of choice year around where I live Is the Nitto NT05R in 305 on a stock rear rim. I drive my car hard and do some canyon style ish driving. I live in the mountains so its not all straight line.
There is zero issue I have encountered with running a 305 on a stock 10inch wheel. Not sure who thinks its unsafe but I have had no issues at all. Car makes 800 wheel.
For track use I use a 315 on a set of welds and MT ET street Rs.
Also I drive my Nittos around on 28 PSI cold.

To me Bang for buck the NT05R gets you the best grip for the money. I consistently get 8-10k street miles out of them.
In the current market They are 325$
Before covid I was finding them for about 280$
8-10k out of NT05R ?
Fuck that, I would have to buy tires twice a year..
That's why I did not go with those or PS4s..

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
8-10k out of NT05R ?
Fuck that, I would have to buy tires twice a year..
That's why I did not go with those or PS4s..
?

Twice a year on PS4s? I'm going better than that.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
I recently got a pair of Hankook Ventu V12 tires (UHP, no warranty) and I am VERY pleased with them as they have substantial grip compared to the bridgestones and supercars I had before. I mean >there's NO COMPARISON> vastly better grip in acceleration.
I just took ET SSes off so I'm not lacking in reference tires. Clearly, the Ventus are not a drag radial but I will attest that they are pretty darned close plus have the added safety of good wet weather properties, unlike the Mickeys. They are also 'cheap' at Simpletire.com at 250 ea. They also (unlike the previous tires) emit a very satisfying "chirp" when you work 'em out.

Reactions: m13s and RobF300

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Pirelli's cost $2500 a set and last 2 heat cycles. I would kill for 8-10k miles on a set, some good info in here with the Nitto's (Toyo) and Hankook,. You can't go wrong with either of them.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I can vouch that the MT SS's run wider than other brands after running a set for a season.

I've been running the Continental's and am happy with them. Great grip, great life and they are quiet. Next summer I plan to give the Toyo R888R's a spin.

Reactions: m13s and Prime Time

·
Registered
347 Posts
you have a coupe?
So sir 2010 sedan.
you can’t get grip performance with tire life. It just doesn’t work that way. So it depends on what is important to you.
a 60mph 3gear rolling burnout is not what I want lol. I don’t drive a ton. Each year but for me dry grip is what I would rather have.

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts
Threw me off with the 10” rim size, do you have coupe rear wheels?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts