Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my first post so hope all goes well anyways all my interior lights come on and work except for my vanity lights and I cannot figure out what’s wrong!It’s both driver side and passenger side that don’t work was hoping that somebody here has run into the same issue and figured out how to fix it. Read a couple post about the back fuses in the trunk number 17 checked it and it was not blown. It’s the lights that come on with the flip down mirror. Thank you in advance for the help

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
i always thought vanity lights were the ones in the flip down mirrors, what lights are you referring to?
Light strips in the dash and by the door handles etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check the wiring going in and out of the fuse box. I had a bad contact that was knocking out the lighting on the center panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there additional fuse boxes besides the one under the hood in the back trunk? Read the owners manual doesn’t say anything about additional fuse boxes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But sorry yes it’s the lights that come on with the flip down mirrors everything else works fine except for the driver and passenger side flip down mirror lights do not come on

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
But sorry yes it’s the lights that come on with the flip down mirrors everything else works fine except for the driver and passenger side flip down mirror lights do not come on
THe vanity light won't come on by just flipping them down , you have to open / flip up the mirror cover to activate / then the vanity lights turn on.

All your interior bulbs are still oem or aftermarket LED?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I flip the visors open and the lights don’t come on, but all my interior lights are LED would that have something to do with why the vanity mirror lights don’t come on when flipped up

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah I flip the visors open and the lights don’t come on, but all my interior lights are LED would that have something to do with why the vanity mirror lights don’t come on when flipped up
Where did you find the LED conversion? I'd love to do that...had my SRT-8 to the point that if you opened the doors it would look blood red and bright as hell too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally figured out why I didn’t have any vanity lights so if you guys are having the same issue it’s number 36 BCM 2 10 amp fuse under the hood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts