Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the no fly zone Midwest in Rantoul IL. Two day event, registration just opened up, would like to meet other V owners and have some friendly competition in 1/2 mike race, I along with my brother who recently bought a V off of a forum member will be there.
I’ll be there both days, hopefully weather permitting, last year Saturday got rain towards the end of the day.

I’ll be there both days, hopefully the weather cooperates, lol

We will have a small group of cars, both mine and my brothers V, my buddy’s procharged mustang, and my buddies ISF.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I want to go but can't commit yet because of schedule conflicts. I plan to run the Battle Creek Speed Fest two weeks later and would love to use this event to dial in my V after the winter mods.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll be there 2 days . We will have few nice cars out there , 2 bolton E85 CTSVs , bolton / cam C6 Z06 , 2 supercharged Coyotes , FBO E85 GTR

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I just signed up for Saturday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have Michelin Pilot super sports on stock wheels, ran those last year but has some tire spin, I was skeptical to run my forgestar with Mickey Thompson ET R with the higher speed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I didn't want to run drag radials at those speeds too. I'm thinking about Extremecontact Sports, Pilot Sports Cup 2, or Pilot 4S.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I ran DR at Battle Creek 1/2 and they didn’t do well on the runway. I plan on running my R888Rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There was another v running same drag setup that I have, he said it becomes sketchy over 140 depending on tire pressure, so I’ll just stick with factory.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
We had a great time in Rantoul. It was a low budget event but the run way was in decent shape unlike the parking area and return strips. I ran my DRs all day without problems. The temp hit 96 on Saturday when I was running but I managed to improve my personal best in the half to 168.8. I believe that we could have hit 170 but ran out of time trying to dial in a 150 shot. I can’t wait for Battle Creek in 2 weeks. Shane with CT Performance was on site for support and did a great job with the tune.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We had a great time in Rantoul. It was a low budget event but the run way was in decent shape unlike the parking area and return strips. I ran my DRs all day without problems. The temp hit 96 on Saturday when I was running but I managed to improve my personal best in the half to 168.8. I believe that we could have hit 170 but ran out of time trying to dial in a 150 shot. I can’t wait for Battle Creek in 2 weeks. Shane with CT Performance was on site for support and did a great job with the tune.

Pretty good event but it was super hot . LSA and LT4 cars weren't running so great due to that heat soak . I think you run against my friend's 620whp red GTR once . I was surprised how well that GTR run all weekend for heaving 620whp only . Even that built 760whp C7 Z06 couldn't beat him. I guess weather doesn't have much of an affect on a turbo car running big air to air intercooler unlike our LSA cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Which one of you did I talk to with the coupe? There were a few v2 sedans and 1 v2 coupe that was running hard. I was the one parked with a grey zr1 and newer grey z06, and the orange Terminator Mustang. I think that the viper broke 200 later in the day on Saturday. I will be actually participating next event for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Pretty good event but it was super hot . LSA and LT4 cars weren't running so great due to that heat soak . I think you run against my friend's 620whp red GTR once . I was surprised how well that GTR run all weekend for heaving 620whp only . Even that built 760whp C7 Z06 couldn't beat him. I guess weather doesn't have much of an affect on a turbo car running big air to air intercooler unlike our LSA cars.

Your GTR buddy is a great guy. I raced him blower only and he ran 166 to my 165. I couldn’t find him when I was ready to run my nitrous (168.8).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts