Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me in the right direction to research, discuss and upgrade my Brakes.
I'm hesitantly trying to ask question here because I'm not sure how to do this.
Just joined 3/20/20. Wheels, pads, rotors are off. Confused by all of the available options for purchase.
Don' want to interrupt the ctsvowners.com flowof information, or breach protocols for posting, or appear impolite because of my lack of knowledge of the website.
One thing is for sure, I love my V! Any Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'll share that I recently went with the R1 Concepts slotted with EBC Red Stuff but read through the brake Posts and read here

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
I'll give you $200CAD for those!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I’ll sell it to you for 60% of retail, plus shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is not allowed. LOL

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts

I want in on the bidding

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Look at stoptech as well, answer Unavowed's questions for the application. Stock brakes are fine for the street, Road Course not so much.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts

Shipping would be as much as the parts probably! :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK. I have some reading to do. Thanks for tips.
I have a 2014 CTS V Sedan. My front rotors appear to be 2 piece unit. I can send a picture if that is permitted, and I can figure how to do that. I have been looking at EBC pads. (Red Stuff). The stock pads shed a considerable amount of dust, ergo the EBC ceramic pads. I have not purchased yet, so I am grateful for the experience of the owners group. Jury is out on the rotors.
If I am correct about the front rotors (2 piece), can they be machined? Sorry turned.
If so, can I then add ceramic pads?
Vendors offer one piece, one piece with aluminum hat, two piece. Is there interchangeability?
Many of the vendors offer kits comprised of rotors and pads. I kind of like the slotted and dimpled, but I don't have the experience to make the correct decision there
My driving tendencies are relax and bask in power, but when no one is looking, I like to throttle it up, Corner like a bandit and brake it down hard. I am enjoying learning the characteristics of the rear drive, and healthy #$% kicking power. My vehicle is silver and as mentioned a sedan, so unless your looking closely for the V, I am just another grandpa's Cadi, which I like.
Thanks in advance!
So cool to have bother's in V to chat with!
I love my V!

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
Hard to beat the stock pads for street performance.

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
Hard

Hard to beat the stock 2 piece rotors for that as well.
Had both the stock 1 piece and stock 2 piece, both are the same performance in my opinion, but 2 piece looks better.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts