Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been a longtime lurker on the forum but as of last Friday finally an owner! Specs are 2013 radiant silver metallic sedan, base interior, pano moonroof and most important to me the manual trans. The Car has 38k miles and to me basically looks brand new inside and out. It was originally a Canadian car based on the carfax and the gauge cluster. The car is stock besides window tint, Borla axle back exhaust, rubber pedal covers and I believe a skip shift delete. The Borlas are great, no drone and the pops and crackles when downshifting and coasting to stops in gear is incredible! It's a small disappointment the car does not have Recaros but so far the base seats feel fine.

I don't have to tell you all but this car is amazing! It's exactly what I hoped it would be a comfortable cruise missile that devours the road and (just barely) fits the whole family. I am coming from a car that is the polar opposite a 2009 Honda Civic Si Sedan that I've driven into the ground over the past 10+ years and 175k miles. The Si is mechanically sound with recently replaced shocks, struts, pads, rotors and clutch. I still love it and it will transition nicely to winter beater status. Also, the V is on summer tires so the miles will be very limited for the rest of what promises to feel like the longest winter of my life. I have to say, I do hate the electronic parking brake on the V. It's so hard to trust a little switch over a mechanical lever.

Trying to refrain from a string of newbie questions but I am definitely looking for advice and recommendations on any routine maintenance I should prioritize on a car with 38k miles? Would it be worth replacing the manual trans and rear diff fluids - any other fluids? I am a little worried that I have no documentation if any blower or rear diff warranty work has been done but neither are exhibiting any irregular noises. Luckily we have a reputable performance shop in my area - Late Model Throttle. My immediate plans for the car are to keep it clean, get used to the car at stock power levels, enjoy the local cars and coffee events and take the car to Road America for a sunset cruise and novice track day this summer. I'm searching the for sale section for an Airaid intake because with the stock air box I honestly cannot hear supercharger whine and that needs to change! I also have access to E85 right down the road but would prioritize cooling mods before that.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum!
ctsv 1.jpg
ctsv 2.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! I would recommend rear diff flush. I got mine done on my 2012 with 12k miles on it and when I told the dealership I wanted to get it done they fought me on doing it. Telling me at my mileage and age wise not to worry but come to find out it was starting to sludge up a bit and they apologized for trying to steer me the other way on it. When I got my trans flushed a few weeks later that could have waited but I wanted everything to be fresh as opposed to running into something later on.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Congrats on a manual sedan! For cheap insurance, why not just go ahead and change all fluids so that at least you'll know when it'll be time to replace down the road.

Trans, diff, engine, blinker fluid.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
What part of Wisconsin? We visit the Appleton/Green Bay area yearly since my wife is from there and has lots of family there and if it's okay,,,, I could save having to rent a car if you'll loan me the V during our visit. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations! I would recommend rear diff flush. I got mine done on my 2012 with 12k miles on it and when I told the dealership I wanted to get it done they fought me on doing it. Telling me at my mileage and age wise not to worry but come to find out it was starting to sludge up a bit and they apologized for trying to steer me the other way on it. When I got my trans flushed a few weeks later that could have waited but I wanted everything to be fresh as opposed to running into something later on.
thank you and thanks for the input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on a manual sedan! For cheap insurance, why not just go ahead and change all fluids so that at least you'll know when it'll be time to replace down the road.

Trans, diff, engine, blinker fluid.
Thanks! Good point, that blinker fluid is so pricey though...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What part of Wisconsin? We visit the Appleton/Green Bay area yearly since my wife is from there and has lots of family there and if it's okay,,,, I could save having to rent a car if you'll loan me the V during our visit. :)
Just west of Milwaukee...good one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is exhibiting loud squeaks coming from the front suspension on the last couple frigid mornings. From searching here, looks like it could be upper control arm bushings. Anyone else dealing with this? I'll try to see if I can visually inspect this weekend. Looking forward to getting the rear tires to actually hook this weekend when it warms up around here a little bit. This car is a blast!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on purchase! im from northern illinois but frequent Wisconsin mainly dells and minoqua

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The car is exhibiting loud squeaks coming from the front suspension on the last couple frigid mornings. From searching here, looks like it could be upper control arm bushings. Anyone else dealing with this? I'll try to see if I can visually inspect this weekend. Looking forward to getting the rear tires to actually hook this weekend when it warms up around here a little bit. This car is a blast!
Yes, actually getting the tires to grip becomes a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
3,829 Posts
Beautiful car!
As others mentioned flush or at least change all the fluids.
If you’re on a summer only tire I wouldn’t temp fate and would avoid driving in any sub 40’s. If your going to daily in the winter get some snow tires & rims.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful car!
As others mentioned flush or at least change all the fluids.
If you’re on a summer only tire I wouldn’t temp fate and would avoid driving in any sub 40’s. If your going to daily in the winter get some snow tires & rims.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Agree on the temps - this weekend was sunny and warm had a blast taking friends/family out for drives. Luckily I have my old car for at least the rest of this winter. I have my eye on 18's of those drag dr37 that just clear the brakes for next winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts