Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a used 2019 Charcoal gray V with 3000 miles a few months ago for a new daily driver to replace my 2009 G8 GT that I owned for 11 years. I’m loving this car so far other than a few very minor issues.

I would like to get a custom dyno tune, possibly a smaller pulley and maybe an exhaust down the line, but I’m located in California. Does anyone know if a dyno tune will cause my car to not pass smog? My G8 was modded and I had to find a “guy” to help my car pass smog every 2 years and I don’t want to go that route with this car.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
323 Posts
I don't see how a dyno tune could cause your car to not pass smog, but maybe the new exhaust, unless you keep all the catalytic converters. I've never seen a V3 in person, but I'm assuming it has a couple catalytic converters on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how a dyno tune could cause your car to not pass smog, but maybe the new exhaust, unless you keep all the catalytic converters. I've never seen a V3 in person, but I'm assuming it has a couple catalytic converters on it.
I don’t see how either but I was told a custom tune can be detected with the way they test cars for smog now. As for the exhaust I would likely only do a cat back. Headers/aftermarket cats would be awesome but would definitely cause me to fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts