Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2018 V3 Crystal White w/Carbon Fiber Package. What performance modification do you guys recommend first? I would like an aggressive sounding exhaust/x- pipe and a quality CAI. Also does anyone make the silver exterior trim pieces(window surrounds, grille, and trunk) in black?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Intake/pulley/tune can't hurt. Many options for exhaust, Stainless works, Kooks, Billy Boat, Corsa, and maybe others I don't know about. Weapon X and K&N make intakes for the V3.

If you got a carbon packaged car, shouldn't your grille already be black?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Intake/pulley/tune can't hurt. Many options for exhaust, Stainless works, Kooks, Billy Boat, Corsa, and maybe others I don't know about. Weapon X and K&N make intakes for the V3.

If you got a carbon packaged car, shouldn't your grille already be black?
He wants the trim around grill black

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love my Magnaflow cat back, few guys have em. Little more than the others but fantastic build quality and sound. The KN CAI is the best looking one on the market, they all do the same thing but it looks very factory.

I also suggest a mighty mouse catch can install if you plan on keeping the car for awhile.

This forum isn't super active but there are a couple of good V-3 Facebook pages with a ton of good info and some small dealers.

If you don't do a tune, get an AFM module, plugs into the OBD and deletes the 4 cyl mode, very handy to kill the drone from any aftermarket exhaust.

For the black parts, vinyl wrap is a good way to go, if done right it will last for many years and if it gets dinged up on the road can be redone. Rennick performance has black out grill trims, pricey though.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses! It definitely has the carbon fiber package but most of the trim pieces are silver, pribably gonna look into wrapping them. For the guys that have the magnaflow exhaust, is it noticeably louder than stock?

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
For me, the first thing I did was putting CAI because of the SC Whine, it gets really loud. For the exhaust, I went with Kooks LT headers with their Green cats to the stock exhaust, sounds really great and when its in tour mode it sounds like stock. But you get CEL than can be taken out by a tune or a O2 sensor (someone here told me this trick thanks) and youll get lower ground clearance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts