Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'll be flying out to GA Saturday to pick up my '18 Black Package V3. Going to be a weekend vehicle (under 7500 miles a year for insurance purposes). I've already ordered Corsa Extreme Exhaust and a ROTOFAB CAI. What else should I look into? I was curious about catch cans as this is my first forced induction vehicle, it sounds like these are a necessity. Thanks for the input and I'll be sure to upload pics once I get some in person!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
black paint. You'll need a good detailer.

Reactions: VVitchking

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
black paint. You'll need a good detailer.
Should've mentioned I have paint correction and a ceramic coat planned in a couple of weeks haha. Guy is a miracle worker, so I know he'll get me taken care of. I'm very OCD about paint/cleanliness, so I'm sure this car will be the death of me haha. I've only ever driven red/white vehicles.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I've got those mods, the Corsa is amazing! I added BMR toe rods in the rear because of sway, they helped. I just added larger hx and an hx expansion tank, just a little prep for future mods but wasn't needed for stock. Everyone blacks out their trim, I recommend it. I got my front windshield tinted with 70% xpel ceramic, recommend that too to keep heat/uv rays down. If you have a PDR I recommend keeping the sd card out of the reader until you need it then pull it when you're done, they are known to eat cards. I got led back up lights and led license plate lights, they look much better. One of the coolest mods of late is the DSX lid, adds 40+ hp, no tune needed, and s/c whine for days. If needed to take in for service it's a quick swap. Haven't done it yet but I will if I don't go whipple/2650. Welcome to the club

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got those mods, the Corsa is amazing! I added BMR toe rods in the rear because of sway, they helped. I just added larger hx and an hx expansion tank, just a little prep for future mods but wasn't needed for stock. Everyone blacks out their trim, I recommend it. I got my front windshield tinted with 70% xpel ceramic, recommend that too to keep heat/uv rays down. If you have a PDR I recommend keeping the sd card out of the reader until you need it then pull it when you're done, they are known to eat cards. I got led back up lights and led license plate lights, they look much better. One of the coolest mods of late is the DSX lid, adds 40+ hp, no tune needed, and s/c whine for days. If needed to take in for service it's a quick swap. Haven't done it yet but I will if I don't go whipple/2650. Welcome to the club
Hell yeah! Stoked to hear it when it's installed. I was looking for a sway bar or something, do you have a link to those toe rods?
Luckily, the car came from factory with the blackout package, so I won't have to black anything out. Chrome would've driven me crazy haha.

I live the painted window life haha. Will be doing 2-5% on sides and back and a 30-35% windshield with a 2-5% 8-10 inch visor. Shop in town told me if I'm going that dark, I might as well just get High Performance 3M tint and save money instead of getting ceramic. I haven't gotten any PDRs, but I'll be looking into them. I need to see what the lighting situation is on this thing, but I'll likely be doing bulb switches as well. Crazy that a lid can add that much without tuning lol. I'll add that to the list as well.

Thanks! Happy to finally be here. It's been between Trackhawks, Range Rover SVRs, and V's for awhile and the right V popped up the same day a local trackhawk sold under my nose haha.

Do you have a catch can? I see Mighty Mouse is highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you are married and have kids bullet proof their college funds...............lol

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are married and have kids bullet proof their college funds...............lol
luckily, 27, single, no kids or plans for kids, have almost paid off the house too. Sitting pretty right now hahahaha

TR007 - Toe Rod, Double Adjustable, Rod Ends | 2016 - 2020 Chevy Camaro | Toe Rods | BMR Suspension - High Performance Suspension & Chassis, had a machine shop trim each end of rod down 1/4" and then did alignment.

Don't have a catch can yet, may add in the future but stock I'm not too concerned.
Ahhhhh okay! I'll def keep that in mind.

I gotcha. Everything I've read sounded like it was a MUST HAVE. I guess I won't suffer greatly driving it once or twice a week around town without a catch can lol

About as good a photo as I have right now. Will upload a couple more when she's in front of me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Most people run catch cans once they are modded. WIthout a catch can some oil will get introduced to the supercharger. All cars vary on how much accumulates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DSX lid alone = 40+ hp? Not likely.. Better looks, and more whine, Yes..

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
You'll need this car to track straight before you can go adding more HP. The rears try to overrun the front under 3/4 acceleration to WOT. Start there, otherwise you cannot fully enjoy the power available at your foot.

1. CARLYLE RACING rear stabilizer arm kit (screw doing one toe-rod w/ BMR, get rid of ALL the flimsy stamped steel suspension parts in one shot).
2. GM OEM ZL1 solid aluminum ZL1 rear cradle bushings. The CTS-V OEM ones are oil-filled, and flex. www.gmperformancemotor.com. Part #84341929

3. SOLER PERFORMANCE Throttle Body. Read the science of it. Smooths throttle response vs. OEM (they also have 103mm's if you're modding).
4. WEAPON X lowering springs I love 'em 2016+ CTS-V3 (LT4) Suspension

5. RANGE AFM locks out V4 mode by plugging into OBD2 port, if you're not tuning the computer due to warranty. AFM/DFM Disabler - Range Technology

6. RENNICK PERFORMANCE stainless brake lines. CTS-V Performance Parts by Renick Performance

7. POWERSTOP Brake Pads that don't dust like crazy (you will lose 10-15% braking power). Part #'s Z26-1053 and Z26-1835

8. +1 on Mighty Mouse Catch Can
9. +1 on DSX Lid
10. +1 on LED swap-out of reverse and license plate lights. Sylvania 921 & Sylvania 168 at your parts store.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
If gaining 40hp was only that easy, everyone (V's,ZL1's,Z06's) would be doing it. Recall hearing dyno gains around 12-15hp.
Here's one, and attached is Dave Steck's own dyno chart showing 25+ and he included a timelapse video of both dyno runs on a stock car.

I'm glad you're here though, an asset to this community!

Attachments

Reactions: VVitchking

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You'll need this car to track straight before you can go adding more HP. The rears try to overrun the front under 3/4 acceleration to WOT. Start there, otherwise you cannot fully enjoy the power available at your foot.

1. CARLYLE RACING rear stabilizer arm kit (screw doing one toe-rod w/ BMR, get rid of ALL the flimsy stamped steel suspension parts in one shot).
2. GM OEM ZL1 solid aluminum ZL1 rear cradle bushings. The CTS-V OEM ones are oil-filled, and flex. www.gmperformancemotor.com. Part #84341929

3. SOLER PERFORMANCE Throttle Body. Read the science of it. Smooths throttle response vs. OEM (they also have 103mm's if you're modding).
4. WEAPON X lowering springs I love 'em 2016+ CTS-V3 (LT4) Suspension

5. RANGE AFM locks out V4 mode by plugging into OBD2 port, if you're not tuning the computer due to warranty. AFM/DFM Disabler - Range Technology

6. RENNICK PERFORMANCE stainless brake lines. CTS-V Performance Parts by Renick Performance

7. POWERSTOP Brake Pads that don't dust like crazy (you will lose 10-15% braking power). Part #'s Z26-1053 and Z26-1835

8. +1 on Mighty Mouse Catch Can
9. +1 on DSX Lid
10. +1 on LED swap-out of reverse and license plate lights. Sylvania 921 & Sylvania 168 at your parts store.
AWESOME list. I'll be checking all of this out.

Got some pics of yours lowered I could check out? I've been looking at those exact springs, but haven't been able to decide if I want to.

Should have exhaust and CAI installed Wednesday or Thursday hopefully. Catch can ordered shortly and then I'll be looking at that stabilizer arms.

Looks like the lights have already been swapped out, lucky me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts