Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I was in the market for a new daily driver with an automatic. I don't like boring cars and will not settle for one. I ended up running across this V by chance. One test drive and I knew I had to have it.

I made the deal happen and have no regrets.

History of the car:
In 2011 it was purchased new in CA and never left. From the carfax it appears the 3rd owner made the modifications due to it having an extended warranty put on it in 2016. The car was then traded in at a Toyota dealership near my house, went to auction due to the discovery of the modifications that would make it fail smog. A local car dealer purchased it and returned it to almost stock. The only modification that was not changed back to stock was the muffler delete that looks like crush bent aluminized tubing. Most likely a local muffler shop did the work.

The modifications that could have made it fail smog here in CA include, the pulley and tune. To pass CA smog it has the stock pulley on it now running the stock tune.

Status of the car:
So far the only thing I've done to the car is put an Air Raid intake on it.

Looking to remedy to "smog" issues and return this car to its former glory with a pulley and a tune soon. I'm not sure how it would have failed the visual or OBD 2 test in CA. It still has the stock cats on it.

I'm looking to order a service kit for it and knock out all the basic serivices in a weekend.

Hope to hear back from you guys and gals!

·
Registered
62 Posts
From fellow Bay (East Bay) V owner welcome and congratulations! I can say from purchasing mine last year and reading knowledge here and making decision to have @Lt1z do his stage one with E85 I could not be happier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts