Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Just picked up a 2009 CTS V (auto) and excited to hop into the supercharged world. I used to own a tuned Audi S7 that put down some good power but always loved the V's. It's all stock so I'm going to want to mod is fairly quickly. I'm used to Audi prices on mods which are extremely expensive so looking for estimates on how much FBO typically cost?

Any recommendations on what I should start with? Exhaust,Headers,Ported TB,etc would be greatly appreciated. Another question is what springs are most of you running, I see Eibach is probably the most popular for our setup, is there any others I should keep in eye on?

Will post pictures here in the next week or so and show off my plymouth duster track car i've been working on.

I'm in Boise, ID.

Look forward to the V journey!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Welcome and congrats!
The topic is heavily covered here regularly, take a look around.
The quick answer is
start with Cooling Mods and note that that means Intake Air Cooling related: Heat exchanger (in front of the radiator) elec water pump (for the SC HX)reinforcing the brick (the HX inside the SC lid). This may include adding a water reservoir to the system as well. These steps to address IAT2 are the first steps, no matter WHAT your build is, otherwise. CAI is about the limit of mods that you can do withOUT having tackled the intake cooling mods.
A good start is looking at the WeaponX site and looking at the various components and packages they offer.
At some point you will need to pick up an HPTuner to let you make adjustments

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
BTW: I LOVE the Duster! I have a Dart project car taking up half of my shop and a long history of Mopars.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Second what @MrSurly said, cooling is most important, you have to make a plan on what you ultimately want out of the car, most start with a upper pulley mod, you could couple with lower if you desire. I’m a big fan of mamo motor sports ported ls7 tb, but if your going to go crazy on mods you’ll likely have to go to a larger tb then the ls7. You’ll also want to look into injectors once you start increasing your air flow, exhaust etc. most popular is the 1050x will accommodate you to the 700 ish hp. There’s lots to read here including a mod list with corresponding dyno numbers if you search around. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Read the attached. Nearly every combination of parts and what not are in here.

Read signature lines. You'll detect tried and true parts.

Reactions: jcs003 and Ctarb1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats!
The topic is heavily covered here regularly, take a look around.
The quick answer is
start with Cooling Mods and note that that means Intake Air Cooling related: Heat exchanger (in front of the radiator) elec water pump (for the SC HX)reinforcing the brick (the HX inside the SC lid). This may include adding a water reservoir to the system as well. These steps to address IAT2 are the first steps, no matter WHAT your build is, otherwise. CAI is about the limit of mods that you can do withOUT having tackled the intake cooling mods.
A good start is looking at the WeaponX site and looking at the various components and packages they offer.
At some point you will need to pick up an HPTuner to let you make adjustments

Thank you! I know it heavily covered but it's so overwhelming with some many post and so many opinions, figured my own thread i can move throw and ask questions as I go and mod.

Right on!!! This is my first Mopar and it was used as a road course car and I'm just trying to dial it in and make it a little more streetable, been super fun thus far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read the attached. Nearly every combination of parts and what not are in here.

Read signature lines. You'll detect tried and true parts.

This is awesome and very helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Second what @MrSurly said, cooling is most important, you have to make a plan on what you ultimately want out of the car, most start with a upper pulley mod, you could couple with lower if you desire. I’m a big fan of mamo motor sports ported ls7 tb, but if your going to go crazy on mods you’ll likely have to go to a larger tb then the ls7. You’ll also want to look into injectors once you start increasing your air flow, exhaust etc. most popular is the 1050x will accommodate you to the 700 ish hp. There’s lots to read here including a mod list with corresponding dyno numbers if you search around. Welcome aboard!

Thank you! Yah I'm probably trying to get in that 700 range and see if thats enough for me and then move up from there if/when i get bored. Seems like a lot of guys are even touching exhaust or headers until they get 700+.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts