Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is mario just got my 2011
Stock V-Coupe 13k miles 6M
am new to the LSA engine have had plenty of LS cars before but wanted to try something more “luxurious” and sporty i hope am here to stay 😬 looking forward to modding this car
7FC3426F-0CAF-4F40-91FF-02F6B4F758F0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Welcome. Lots of knowledge here to help you with whatever your heart desires.
Engine, exhaust, radio, etc, lots of threads to search through.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Nice! Great find! Love the color. After having red for almost 4 years now, I sure wish I had the lighter color in order to keep it clean looking for more than a few hundred feet. Seems this red just attracts dust and shows it well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Great find! Love the color. After having red for almost 4 years now, I sure wish I had the lighter color in order to keep it clean looking for more than a few hundred feet. Seems this red just attracts dust and shows it well.
thank you!! hahah you are better off with red, i washed the car 3 days ago and you can see the dirt collecting on the whole rear already. plenty of it. the more i drive it the more i like it. am kinda getting use to the gearing from factory it feels like this car wants to stay above 50mph. all i have to say is that i do miss the C7 7M if this car had it would be awesome!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nice find....that car looks clean, so not bad for a coup....lol. I see in your signature you are ready to mod it....get ready for a wild ride. These cars react so well to mods and it's not long before you have a monster on your had. Don't wait long (like I did) and think you'll be ok on summer tires. I mean, you may be ok on summer tires, just depends on if you plan on breaking 600whp or not. Really, anything over that and you're in spin city. Right off the bat, I'd recommend you add a wide band AFR gauge and HP Tuners to your mod list. Also, go ID1050 injectors at a minimum if you really plan on getting into things....possible 1300s if you plan on doing all the things plus E/85.

Lots of good info on here and we aren't shit heads like some of the facebook folks.

Reactions: sr_capo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find....that car looks clean, so not bad for a coup....lol. I see in your signature you are ready to mod it....get ready for a wild ride. These cars react so well to mods and it's not long before you have a monster on your had. Don't wait long (like I did) and think you'll be ok on summer tires. I mean, you may be ok on summer tires, just depends on if you plan on breaking 600whp or not. Really, anything over that and you're in spin city. Right off the bat, I'd recommend you add a wide band AFR gauge and HP Tuners to your mod list. Also, go ID1050 injectors at a minimum if you really plan on getting into things....possible 1300s if you plan on doing all the things plus E/85.

Lots of good info on here and we aren't shit heads like some of the facebook folks.

thank you! J and yes i have realized this forum is way more civilized than other i been at,
i have found nothing but helpful info here. Am going to start my Christmas shopping early i guess lol. am going to start with the essentials

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
First mods.....cold air intake, 850 injectors, upper pulley and reinforce the brick. Don't forget to tune it of course. These are good for about 100hp incase you get the itch to start modding. IMO...enjoy

·
Registered
895 Posts
Skip the 850 injectors. Only people who run 11's have 850s..........;)

I kidd, but really, move to 1050s.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Like JA said - 1050 injectors at a minimum. No sense in upgrading injectors twice. Been there done that....

Reactions: sr_capo and JAustin

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Geesh...tough crowd lol ok ok I just got the 850s....gimme a couple months lol

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I've been treated really very well by @Brent_WXM

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stage 1 with E85 put me just over 600 at wheels 2011 Sedan. I would suggest finding a good tuner and take their advise on mods. Tuner might be able to help you get best deal on parts as well. At least mine did. Enjoy new V.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you only stick with pump gas, 850s will be plenty. Not everyone has e85 within driving distance to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Make sure you have a solid coupler in your supercharger, good starting point.
how do i make sure it has it ? my tsb-13313 warranty will run out in a month
the car makes noise (marbles in SC noise) but is barely noticeable i wonder if they would give me a new SC before that warranty runs out :oops:

·
Registered
81 Posts
how do i make sure it has it ? my tsb-13313 warranty will run out in a month
the car makes noise (marbles in SC noise) but is barely noticeable i wonder if they would give me a new SC before that warranty runs out :oops:
The easy way is to pull the blower belt and rotate the upper pulley back and forth. The sprung isolator will feel as though it has a little play when changing directions and the solid isolator will not. I was able to move the pulley a few degrees with the sprung isolator before the rotors would move. If you can't get a feeling for it, you can pull the blower lid and watch the rotors as you rotate the upper pulley. This should only take about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The easy way is to pull the blower belt and rotate the upper pulley back and forth. The sprung isolator will feel as though it has a little play when changing directions and the solid isolator will not. I was able to move the pulley a few degrees with the sprung isolator before the rotors would move. If you can't get a feeling for it, you can pull the blower lid and watch the rotors as you rotate the upper pulley. This should only take about 30 minutes.
if the "play" is barely there would i be better off just replacing the isolator to a solid one and call it a day ? or should i go ahead and try to get a dealership to change the whole thing under warranty?
i mean the noise is very minimal (maybe in the normal range) but you know new parts for free never hurt

·
Registered
81 Posts
if the "play" is barely there would i be better off just replacing the isolator to a solid one and call it a day ? or should i go ahead and try to get a dealership to change the whole thing under warranty?
i mean the noise is very minimal (maybe in the normal range) but you know new parts for free never hurt
If my car was under the extended warranty when I bought it I would have let GM replace the blower, but my car was just beyond the 10 year limit. Replacing the isolator is ~$60 and should take ~2 hours should GM deny your claim.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If my car was under the extended warranty when I bought it I would have let GM replace the blower, but my car was just beyond the 10 year limit. Replacing the isolator is ~$60 and should take ~2 hours should GM deny your claim.
how many miles where on your car when you replaced it ? what brand ? any DIY posts on here ? i dint seem to find any well at least not with the SC in the car if not so i can make a detailed post when i do it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts