Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a high mileage gen2 coupe 97k. No mods but I’m ready to start. Should I do anything to the engine before I start molding the car? I know I want headers and xpipe. Not sure on what mods and brands to buy. Want reliability mostly. It’s my daily car also, 600-650 hp

·
Registered
441 Posts
First thing you should do is upgrade your cooling system with an upgraded heat exchanger and pump and reinforced brick. That can be done without any tuning requirements. Then jump into pulleys, injectors headers etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here you go:

The general consensus is that at the 600-650whp range headers don't yield much gain aside from sound. Plenty are running stock manifold, though with gutted cats, at that power level. While headers look and sound good, there are better ways to spend $2k+.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Speed engineering headers and x pipe. Headers add power. Dyno proven. See random84s info on the subject.

·
Registered
21 Posts
First thing you should do is upgrade your cooling system with an upgraded heat exchanger and pump and reinforced brick. That can be done without any tuning requirements. Then jump into pulleys, injectors headers etc.
I echo this. Get the cooling stuff sorted out first. Then, intake + exhaust. Then fuel [depending on power target] + pulley + tune. Headers, as have been mentioned, are a bit open for debate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts