Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I replaced the diff oil but still getting a hum/groan at sharp turn low speeds when cold, it goes away when warm. I even did a few figure 8s to try to circulate the oil when it was warmed up a couple weeks ago. Is the noise supposed to be normal or should I get it looked at?
I've noticed this turning Left out of my street when cold in the morning. I was planning to upgrade axles when my 11" coupe rears get in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I replaced the diff oil but still getting a hum/groan at sharp turn low speeds when cold, it goes away when warm. I even did a few figure 8s to try to circulate the oil when it was warmed up a couple weeks ago. Is the noise supposed to be normal or should I get it looked at?
Did you put the oil with the friction additive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 2011 sedan recently had the rear-end replaced under warranty by the Dealer and it makes that slight groaning noise when cold and going left out of a street. It's just that initial time when leavimg work and never does it after that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
well I've already removed the bumper lol. Gonna replace a few lights with some stuff I like today

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I need to figure out how to remove the rear bumper next, there's a big panel gap on the driver side where it meets the rear quarter panel

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
What's the part # for these? A bunch of them are broken and not really doing anything. Previous owner/ mechanic must have man handled them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What's the part # for these? A bunch of them are broken and not really doing anything. Previous owner/ mechanic must have man handled them.
Not sure of the PN but I bought this kit from Amazon and replaced a bunch of mine that were damaged.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
They're available on amazon
Thank you sir! I will order some so they arrive before I button everything back up. Taking the headlights apart to reseal them, they leak like crazy.. and the inside of the lens has little tiny rocks on it that floated there with water since I was changing some bulbs and they were sitting lens-side down :/

What's funny is there is a sticker on the side that says "leak test passed"... uhhh huh

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So this car comes with Philips Xenstart bulbs from the factory, and those are going for about $30 each, new, on eBay. So cheap.. no wonder they suck. Lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Almost back together, waiting on clips to arrive from Amazon. Then I can get the rest of the sticker residue off of the stabilizer bar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Are the driveshaft u-joints on this car greaseable? I think I'm hearing a squeak that is driveshaft related. It will do it when applying/disengaging a load on the vehicle, most noticeable at creeping speed.

If the u-joints aren't greaseable, is there a part # for some place where I can get greaseable ones?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts