Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check the Electrical Ground under the Airraid for corrosion. When it gets bad enough the Air Suspension Faults.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Hmm, starting to notice a groan like a whale call whenever I'm making slow, sharp-ish turns. Diff?
That is the sound that mine made after the dealer put in the wrong oil. Disappeared when they replaced it with the correct oil.

As for your alarm question, no I don't believe there is a glass breakage sensor.

Reactions: ThunderOne

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
That is the sound that mine made after the dealer put in the wrong oil. Disappeared when they replaced it with the correct oil.

As for your alarm question, no I don't believe there is a glass breakage sensor.
Looks like I'll be doing a diff oil change soon. That's a bummer on no glass break sensor. I'll have to see if there are OEM add-ons for the alarm system

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a 2011 Sedan m6 with 42K miles on it. It was clean and you could tell it had some mod's removed taking it back to stock. I did burn up primary cats without doing any mods myself, then once I did stage 1 tuner said they could of done better job returning stock tune.
After I bought I had my friends shop replaced every bit of fluid in the car (I had to get correct rear diff fluid after as it was noticeable right away) Went to dealer and asked for the grape juice and they knew exactly the diff fluid needed. I then found a GM Dealership near me that a lot of Vette Camaro race guys go to. I had them check super charger as I was worried like most new owners and also had them give me a proper alignment for my first track day. I drive the piss out of the car with no issues.
Looking back I think it would of been a good idea to have a reputable tuner give car a tune/check stock tune as soon as I bought. I don't know if anyone has had major engine problems from bad stock tune but I'm sure its happened.

Stage 1 with E85 and be done with it. You will thank me later.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Manual? What did you pay for it? I have a 12 sedan too with similar miles. Wondering what the market is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got $33k for my 09 two months ago 61k miles. Had to hold out a couple months.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I paid $25k for my 2011 sedan with 94k miles 9 months ago and fully loaded. Was in excellent condition for its age.

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
I paid $25k for my 2011 sedan with 94k miles 9 months ago and fully loaded. Was in excellent condition for its age.
Fully loaded? There aren’t many options available on V2. Recaros is the most expensive one. Nav is on 96% of them. Sunroof is on 80% or so.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Fully loaded? There aren’t many options available on V2. Recaros is the most expensive one. Nav is on 96% of them. Sunroof is on 80% or so.

...and while Nav was an option on the early models, I’m pretty sure it was standard on subsequent years.

Aside from the options Karch mentioned, the only other things that were options are different color calipers, Wood trim and the suede steering wheel and shift knob. All relatively minor upgrades. The Recaros are the biggest ticket item.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Called dealer, service guy didn't know crap about alarm additions even though there's a parts on GMpartsdirect that seem to show at least one additional bit to bolster the alarm system. Alarm System for 2012 Cadillac CTS | GMPartsDirect.com

I don't know anything about the "infrared sensor" or how it would be installed. But him not knowing about it was kind of annoying, even though that's par for the course.

Order a couple qts of 88862624 diff oil and engine trim covers that were missing from the engine bay. And new front floor mats. Next will be getting the tint redone to my preferences.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
This should be my last dumb question for a while, but what size bolts are on the rear diff? Or should I be expecting some kind of allen head bolt? (I hope not)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apparently only the European models came with the sensors. I highly doubt there is an OEM plug and play for our V's.

Motion sensor question
Why not? You think the harnesses are that different for a Euro spec model? Usually they have one wiring harness backbone, and just leave unused features as a dead end connector. My Land Rover LR3 was that way. I was able to add in all sorts of higher spec options simply by installing them and plugging them into the existing harness, then giving a Starbucks coffee bribe to a service tech at the LR dealer to enable the feature in the software settings.

Dang! that is a deal. Prices seem to be going up or at least holding steady in my searching. I haven't seen anything under $30k

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
why are all my messages "awaiting moderator approval"? Not sure what I'm posting that is bad?

when I check GMpartsdirect I see an infrared sensor available for the CTS-V, PN 15283682 and the alarm system control module which imagine is stock on all CTS-Vs, PN 25843943. I could be wrong about it being factory installed though. I am not able to find much literature on it on the internet. Does anyone know if there is a PDF of the FSM somewhere?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I replaced the diff oil but still getting a hum/groan at sharp turn low speeds when cold, it goes away when warm. I even did a few figure 8s to try to circulate the oil when it was warmed up a couple weeks ago. Is the noise supposed to be normal or should I get it looked at?

61 - 80 of 97 Posts