Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Be aware, anyone that goes to dealer for basic maintenance... There's a difference between techs that fix problems, and kwik lube guys that just drain oil. I've read numerous threads on here that the dealer has used incorrect fluid, and the delco stuff posted in this thread needs no additional additive. I think the post above is a little misleading when the service writer said he "added the friction modifier" when in fact the correct fluid doesn't need it.

That said I'd recommend everyone do their own maintenance lol.
I may have misunderstood the SM. He may have said he added the oil with the friction modifier. I just don't remember as I said, it was a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Could be, still a fairly unknown fact that the guys changing oil at dealerships are paid about half what the actual techs are. Not that it's super comforting to know the flat rate techs are working as fast as they can to make decent money, then you factor in the "favorites" or the friends of the service writers that get all the gravy jobs and leave the scraps for everyone else.

A lot of people still think the dealer is the premier place to get your vehicle serviced... I just laugh. Better off going to a well established mom and pop independent shop, at least they give a fuck about their reputations and aren't just concerned about the bottom line.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Could be, still a fairly unknown fact that the guys changing oil at dealerships are paid about half what the actual techs are. Not that it's super comforting to know the flat rate techs are working as fast as they can to make decent money, then you factor in the "favorites" or the friends of the service writers that get all the gravy jobs and leave the scraps for everyone else.

A lot of people still think the dealer is the premier place to get your vehicle serviced... I just laugh. Better off going to a well established mom and pop independent shop, at least they give a fuck about their reputations and aren't just concerned about the bottom line.
I'm gonna be a "waiter" when I go to the dealer for 'inspection' so nobody does any joyrides on my watch lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lmao, yeah well when the cars get pdi before they get sold the damage is already done. So we're all fucked hahaha. I worked at a dealer about 18 years ago... Honda bmw and mercedes. I can tell you we all fought to pdi the cool shit, because it included a test drive around the 3 mile loop. Plus all the lot boys moving cars out of the snow in the northeast, pff I'm surprised we didn't put tires on some of the shit before we sold em.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
First off, the known issue with the blower noise is from the isolator, not bearing noise.

Secondly, that doesn't sound like what I experienced. Best way I heard it explained is like marbles in a metal can. In my case I heard the knock on shutdown. Not so much while it was running.

Reactions: ThunderOne

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That doesn't sound like the isolator. Most would say it sounds like marbles are rattling around when you hear it. You'll know it if it's present.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks fellas! I'll assume the noise is normal.

I do hear a bit of delayed "thunk" in the rear, I thinking it's either the unsecured 'tire' compartment lid.. or something else in the trunk. It doesn't sound like bushings or shocks to me, as the thunk is delayed and very intermittent, almost like the trunk is slightly open and thunking over whoops, but it's definitely not that.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts

I do hear a bit of delayed "thunk" in the rear, I thinking it's either the unsecured 'tire' compartment lid.. or something else in the trunk. It doesn't sound like bushings or shocks too me, as the thunk is delayed and very intermittent, almost like the trunk is slightly open and thunking over whoops, but it's definitely not that.
Could also be the exhaust hitting the cross brace.

I was getting this delayed thumping that I would feel come through the armrest.

It was driving me crazy. I knew it wasn’t the suspension as the thump was delayed and it wasn’t consistent on every bump.

Dealer had checked it out and could find anything.

Finally figured it out. I posted about it in another thread.

You can see the witness mark in the first picture.

I ended up just adding a spacer to the brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Could also be the exhaust hitting the cross brace.

I was getting this delayed thumping that I would feel come through the armrest.

It was driving me crazy. I knew it wasn’t the suspension as the thump was delayed and it wasn’t consistent on every bump.

Dealer had checked it out and could find anything.

Finally figured it out. I posted about it in another thread.

You can see the witness mark in the first picture.

I ended up just adding a spacer to the brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have to check that out once I get a proper set of jack stands. The ones I have for my truck are hella tall haha

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I'll have to check that out once I get a proper set of jack stands. The ones I have for my truck are hella tall haha
Yeah, I have race ramps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts

I do hear a bit of delayed "thunk" in the rear, I thinking it's either the unsecured 'tire' compartment lid.. or something else in the trunk. It doesn't sound like bushings or shocks to me, as the thunk is delayed and very intermittent, almost like the trunk is slightly open and thunking over whoops, but it's definitely not that.
Do you every get the "trunk open" alarm on te DIC?
I get it 50% of the the time and it drives me fukin nuts...
I know there is a cure but at what expense.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Do you every get the "trunk open" alarm on te DIC?
I get it 50% of the the time and it drives me fukin nuts...
I know there is a cure but at what expense.
Nope, I haven't gotten that message. Sounds like a faulty switch somewhere for the trunk latch perhaps.

·
Registered
943 Posts
To rid yourself of the truck light, you have to remove the existing polish or wax by washing the car with dish soap, than clay bar the body 1 foot section at a time. Put rubbing alcohol on a towel and run it over the body to remove any remaining finger prints, slim or wax. (not at this point DO NOT RUB YOUR HAND ON THE PAINT BECAUSE YOU WILL SCRATCH IT, I found that out the hard way) Buy yourself a good DIY ceramic kit, the one I used was Armor shield. It came out so good that when I stepped back to look at it, I swear I busted a nut. 😁

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ceramic coated it 6 months ago and it stills shines perfect & stays clean longer. even bird shit come off with a hose or damp rag.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
To rid yourself of the truck light, you have to remove the existing polish or wax by washing the car with dish soap, than clay bar the body 1 foot section at a time. Put rubbing alcohol on a towel and run it over the body to remove any remaining finger prints, slim or wax. (not at this point DO NOT RUB YOUR HAND ON THE PAINT BECAUSE YOU WILL SCRATCH IT, I found that out the hard way) Buy yourself a good DIY ceramic kit, the one I used was Armor shield. It came out so good that when I stepped back to look at it, I swear I busted a nut. 😁

wait wut? What does this have to do with the trunk switch? lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Does anyone know how the alarm system works on these cars? I had some bozos breaking into all sorts of cars a couple nights ago. I installed a glass break sensor on my truck after being broken into a couple years ago and that scared him off. It was a factory part so it was plug and play, and I could adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. It looked like he was using a spring-loaded center punch. I keep the V parked in the garage but I just want to know if it has a glass break sensor, and if not, if there's an option to install one. And also how to adjust the sensitivity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hmm, starting to notice a groan like a whale call whenever I'm making slow, sharp-ish turns. Diff?

41 - 60 of 97 Posts