Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple weeks ago and sold my '09 to a member here. I was finally able to get some time to work on paint correction and ceramic coating this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
You sold your ‘09 pretty quick!

Nice pick up on the ‘18 V3. That’s a good looking color combo.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. Def like the color combo. The only one I like better is blue. But they are hard to find. For the question on V2 vs V3...it's hard to say. The V3 is more refined and grown up. Feels bigger and smoother. The V2 was more visceral and felt more precise in the handling department. But it was also lowered with Creative Steel red bushings. I also think the V2 looks...better? Maybe not better, but definitely more unique. It has such a distinctive style and really stood out. The V3 doesn't stand out as much I think. Tech is definitely better in the V3. And it's a lot quieter from road noise and such. Also like that if you put it in sport, the exhaust note changes. And little things...like the windows...are WAY quieter in operation. I am getting a slight hesitation when taking off. I don't think it is the dreaded trans shutter, but I need more stick time to figure it out. Also haven't tried the launch control yet. Carbon looks amazing and this may be the first car I don't lower. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Thanks all. Def like the color combo. The only one I like better is blue. But they are hard to find. For the question on V2 vs V3...it's hard to say. The V3 is more refined and grown up. Feels bigger and smoother. The V2 was more visceral and felt more precise in the handling department. But it was also lowered with Creative Steel red bushings. I also think the V2 looks...better? Maybe not better, but definitely more unique. It has such a distinctive style and really stood out. The V3 doesn't stand out as much I think. Tech is definitely better in the V3. And it's a lot quieter from road noise and such. Also like that if you put it in sport, the exhaust note changes. And little things...like the windows...are WAY quieter in operation. I am getting a slight hesitation when taking off. I don't think it is the dreaded trans shutter, but I need more stick time to figure it out. Also haven't tried the launch control yet. Carbon looks amazing and this may be the first car I don't lower. Time will tell.
Congrats!

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
617 Posts
White with the CF package looks best. People crawl out of the woodwork nationwide when one like yours goes on sale. Nothing sets the CF off better.

Reactions: hattori and jcs003
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.