Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

New owner of 2010 Sedan

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  loweredd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just purchased 2010 6MT zero option car. It's stock aside from cat back exhaust (and have original mufflers).

(removed) and have bought GM new suede steering wheel and shift knob. Surprisingly affordable.

#4 ·
Welcome to the modness! I think you'll love it here, lots of info, lots of ideas.take a look around, read some interesting threads, plan your next mod (there will be more).
One caution: There are sort of strict rules pertaining to new members buying and selling on the forum. Please read the rules so you don't get crosswise with admin by making this into a "want to buy" post.

#7 ·
Haha, I feel so welcome. I broke a forum rule and a terminology rule in a single post! Was merely describing what I bought, and my goals for it...was not aiming to break any rules.

And I'll call it whatever you all would like, but for the record, the part description/fitment from GM, for the wheel that I ordered is "CTS-V, with suede, manual trans." Part number 22982695, if you feel so inclined to verify GM's description. Was super easy install. Happy that original wheel popped right off. No puller needed. Shift knob is in my mailbox today, hopefully that goes similarly smooth.

Reactions: MrSurly
#8 ·
Its hit or miss with people getting their shifter off. There are many post where people say just give it one big tug upwards, others have taken the whole assembly out, put it in a vice, and then tapped the shifter off. I will be installing my short throw shifter soon and will have to cross this road. Hoping for an easy going experience. Best of luck!

#25 ·
You subtly telling me to glue it and move on, or are you speaking from some prior experience that they'll send me glue?

I'm normally pretty comfortable rummaging through the "adhesive" bin in the shop until I find one that feels right, but paying $140 for a shift knob and then deciding between $2 super glue or $5 5min epoxy feels like I'm getting the short end of the stick. Plus, I really don't want to somehow drop a few drops of the above on the suede/Alcantara™/faux suede and have hard spots of dried epoxy to constantly remind me of the $140 I spent on a "broken" shift knob.

Reactions: CTS_Kenny
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.