Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Just purchased 2010 6MT zero option car. It's stock aside from cat back exhaust (and have original mufflers).

(removed) and have bought GM new suede steering wheel and shift knob. Surprisingly affordable.

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Welcome to the modness! I think you'll love it here, lots of info, lots of ideas.take a look around, read some interesting threads, plan your next mod (there will be more).
One caution: There are sort of strict rules pertaining to new members buying and selling on the forum. Please read the rules so you don't get crosswise with admin by making this into a "want to buy" post.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I feel so welcome. I broke a forum rule and a terminology rule in a single post! Was merely describing what I bought, and my goals for it...was not aiming to break any rules.

And I'll call it whatever you all would like, but for the record, the part description/fitment from GM, for the wheel that I ordered is "CTS-V, with suede, manual trans." Part number 22982695, if you feel so inclined to verify GM's description. Was super easy install. Happy that original wheel popped right off. No puller needed. Shift knob is in my mailbox today, hopefully that goes similarly smooth.

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Registered
301 Posts
Haha, I feel so welcome. I broke a forum rule and a terminology rule in a single post! Was merely describing what I bought, and my goals for it...was not aiming to break any rules.

And I'll call it whatever you all would like, but for the record, the part description/fitment from GM, for the wheel that I ordered is "CTS-V, with suede, manual trans." Part number 22982695, if you feel so inclined to verify GM's description. Was super easy install. Happy that original wheel popped right off. No puller needed. Shift knob is in my mailbox today, hopefully that goes similarly smooth.
Its hit or miss with people getting their shifter off. There are many post where people say just give it one big tug upwards, others have taken the whole assembly out, put it in a vice, and then tapped the shifter off. I will be installing my short throw shifter soon and will have to cross this road. Hoping for an easy going experience. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should be able to update with my struggles or success within a few hours. Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Its hit or miss with people getting their shifter off. There are many post where people say just give it one big tug upwards, others have taken the whole assembly out, put it in a vice, and then tapped the shifter off. I will be installing my short throw shifter soon and will have to cross this road. Hoping for an easy going experience. Best of luck!
Shifter knob removal on mine was an absolute beast. After trying all the usual ways, I resorted to a tie rod tool (tuning fork looking thing) and a short bit of two-by-four vertically on the floor as a fulcrum and a two pound hammer(!)
Yanked for all I had. Leather (pleather? Faux animal hide?) knob seems to have won for the night. I'll have to do some reading. What's actually holding it fast? A clip of some description?

EDIT: 20 minutes and most of a beer later, hit myself in left side of my face hard enough to have a headache and no BS feels like I made side of my face fat... But it's off!

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Shifter knob removal on mine was an absolute beast. After trying all the usual ways, I resorted to a tie rod tool (tuning fork looking thing) and a short bit of two-by-four vertically on the floor as a fulcrum and a two pound hammer(!)
Shoulda used a 5 pounder.

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Yanked for all I had. Leather (pleather? Faux animal hide?) knob seems to have won for the night. I'll have to do some reading. What's actually holding it fast? A clip of some description?

EDIT: 20 minutes and most of a beer later, hit myself in left side of my face hard enough to have a headache and no BS feels like I made side of my face fat... But it's off!
Welcome! To our little club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Beer muscles for the win!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome! To our little club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! A membership I could have done without, haha.

Beer muscles for the win!
Twas a fairly tight 9% double IPA pint. Still working on a sponsorship deal, so I can't call the brewery out, just yet.

Kicker to the whole deal: new knob came out of the box in two pieces.

Wood Finger Comfort Eyewear Shipping box

Hand Finger Nail Camera lens Thumb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.