Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

New Northeast (Boston) Owner

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  m13s 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just picked up a 2016 V and loving it so far! I think things will only get better once it stops snowing every week.

Looking forward to learning more about the car and also hoping to do some track days once it warms up, so if anyone has suggestions or is planning to attend an event in the area let me know!

#2 ·
Welcome and congrats on the V3! I've been to your city a few times and have to say that it has many similarities to Toronto.

#4 ·
Over three years now, but only put about 10k on it. Weekends and warm day car only.

#5 ·
I thought I never drove my car and I put about the same mileage in 2 years! Only warm days?! Toronto was blessed until December without snow/salt!

Should we be worried about the rubber internals? Where do you park that cigar in a humidor? :rolleyes: ? I'm only at 20,000KM now. What mileage are you at? At this rate, our engines will finally "break-in" when? 2025? :eek:

#9 ·
Nice! Hopefully you fared okay today - I heard a lot of places lost power. I'm in Beacon Hill so seemed to have been spared the worst of it so far (although now it will be another week before the salt is gone and I feel okay driving).

I think they're very different cars, so it's easy to appreciate the differences. The M3 was a blast, you could rev it forever and it handled amazingly but never felt like it was getting out of control. The caddy is just insane to me - much more torque down low and you can lose the back wheels with in an instant (the weather may be playing some part in that too haha). But the handling is still tight and it feels like a smaller car once you get it going. Also it has four doors and is infinitely nicer on the inside which is a cool change. Overall I love it and can't wait to get out to Palmer and Thomson once it gets a little warmer out! Do you go to any tracks around here?

#13 ·
Sbwitma-

I am at all the local tracks and roadrace an M3 as well. This weekend I'm at Palmer instructing for SCDA and instruct for many clubs too. PM me if you are interested in doing a track day or need information regarding any of the organizations that run them.

#19 ·
Hi awctsv78

Yes I instruct for SCDA, let me know when you are going to sign up and I'll see if i am at the event and available to coach if you like. Send me a PM with you contact details and I'll put you in touch with the folks at SCDA. I'm at palmer this weekend with them.

#17 ·
Yes, definitely some fun roads...and much less traffic to contend with. Just a matter of knowing which ones are recently paved and therefore not full of pot holes! My car is staying in the garage until they get out there and fill in some of the craters :( Let me know if you ever need any input on a good drive out this way. Also if you end up at Lime Rock, it'd be fun to see some fellow V's out there. I'm planning to do one of the events in June in preparation for my annual 3 day trip to VIR in late July.

Congrats on the V3 purchase!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.