Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going thru work was able to get a good deal on a lsx376 b15, will get it all assembled and in the car hopefully in the next few weeks. Along with a upgraded hx pump, and supercharger with the upgraded lid and a 2.4 upper and factory lower. Has corsa exhaust and afraid intake on it already. What sort of power would I be looking at for this think potentially. Not sure if have to upgrade injectors yet or not, and hasn't been converted to e85 yet id have to read up on it. That's for everyone thst has chymed in and offered advice and help its much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
That will be appx 570ish RWHP and with a 2.4 upper you absolutely need bigger injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You only need ID850s but go ahead and get ID1050x or ID1300s. You’ll thank me later

Reactions: MYV

·
Super Moderator
17,000 Posts
OP,

I want to be very clear. If you run a 2.4 upper with stock injectors, I don’t care how forged or strong the LSX B15 is, you will be buying another one soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get some new injectors and swap them out when get tuned. Probably the 1050s. Thanks y'all
That will be appx 570ish RWHP and with a 2.4 upper you absolutely need bigger injectors.

You only need ID850s but go ahead and get ID1050x or ID1300s. You’ll thank me later

·
Registered
534 Posts
i would be throwing a 8.6 lower on it before you install it for sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,000 Posts
i would be throwing a 8.6 lower on it before you install it for sure.
Not sure what cam the OP is running, but 2.4/8.6 is a lot of ratio for stock cam and manifolds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plan is the b15 and not touch it. Leave the internals so alone and the stock ls9 cam in it. New blower with 2.4 pulley, zl1 lid with reinforced brick, stock lower. Then look at e85 upgrade with injectors (850s or 1050)whatever is needed, and an pump upgrade. That's probably going to be it for all long time. Any advice? Looking for good moderate power and something thst is safe/reliable. Thanks

·
Vendor
12,968 Posts
Plan is the b15 and not touch it. Leave the internals so alone and the stock ls9 cam in it. New blower with 2.4 pulley, zl1 lid with reinforced brick, stock lower. Then look at e85 upgrade with injectors (850s or 1050)whatever is needed, and an pump upgrade. That's probably going to be it for all long time. Any advice? Looking for good moderate power and something thst is safe/reliable. Thanks
That will work fine and make decent power with the proper fueling.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm curious as to how a hole in the oil pan caused chunks to get into the plenum. Unless you dropped an intake valve and took out a piston, I don't see how that could happen.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yeah, a few of us questioned it, didn’t add up.

So what you are saying is...insurance fraud? That sounds like a sweeeeet way to get a free motor once you hellamod and blow up racing hellcats and moostangs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cuz the car lost oil pressure and kept driving it without shutting the engine down. Freaked out cuz it was smoking a tried to pull it over on the side of the road in rush hour. Not realising i never shut the car off. I wish it would've been an engine issues cuz then it wouldn't have cost me a dime with my warranty.

·
Super Moderator
20,842 Posts
So what you are saying is...insurance fraud? That sounds like a sweeeeet way to get a free motor once you hellamod and blow up racing hellcats and moostangs.
I’m not saying that, I don’t know the story

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't say you were I find it a little r ediculious of someone to say something like that. I wish it would've been a motor issue, coming from a dealership as a certified used car good to 100k mileage I would've loved to use that and had everything covered for free. Rather than coming out of pocket for things. Rather than having to fix the subframe and replace a motor. Those who have been helpful it's been appreciative.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Would it have been possible for the pcv to suck crap up through into blower? Asking as i have not seen the shape of the inside of the valley.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts