Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I have just taken ownership of a black saloon Gen2 CTS V which originally came from Japan to the UK and now is with me in Southern Spain, Loving it so far especially the warp factor way it accelerates.
Being in Spain means I do not have access to experienced knowledge and help on issues with the car so I am hoping to use your collected wisdom and knowledge to help me on this journey.
The first thing i have noticed is there is constant squeak from the rear passenger side suspension, its always there when driving and is less when the road is completely smooth, there are no clunks and the suspension works great in both modes. If the car is parked and I push down and bounce the rear end in that area it squeaks badly. Do you guys think this is most likely the bushings on the rear sway or control arm ?
Secondly the car has an aftermarket cat back exhaust and from the lowest part of the rev range as you pull away there is a rattle noise that disapears as soon as you get going , has anyone else had this before ?
The car was parked up and didnt move for 6 months so I expect that there will be a few niggles to sort. Any help will be much appreciated.

K

· Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Good choice....proper number of doors and colour! Most likely the bushings need to be replaced, so check out Creative Steel if you're looking for upgraded components or just go with OEM.

· Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
1,161 Posts
Congratulations, it's always nice to see an American brand overseas.

I advise you to carefully research your area for a shop familiar with GM products. Schedule a complete inspection to include the engine, and be sure to bring any service documents you may have.

At that time you should also have all the fluids and filters replaced, to include the rear differential fluid.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congratulations, it's always nice to see an American brand overseas.

I advise you to carefully research your area for a shop familiar with GM products. Schedule a complete inspection to include the engine, and be sure to bring any service documents you may have.

At that time you should also have all the fluids and filters replaced, to include the rear differential fluid.
Thanks all.
The Guy I purchased it from had all the fluids changed, comp pads at the front and comp brake fluid and the diff rebuilt before it came over here in the UK and then didnt use it due to having too many toys.
I have had it on the ramp and the sqeak seems to be coming from the centre area behind the wheel but it could be slightly to the side, it is so annoying,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts