Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, found I found a 2013 ctsv about a year ago....salvaged title Single owner. One owner, and he bought the car back from the bank and put 50k on it. supposedly flooded but after close inspection the car has never seen water in the cabin. Anyway, this was my dream car And I have loved it. just Found out we are headed to Brussels. could be there for 3-5 years. My thought, and maybe this is irrational, is to keep the car with my dad and hold on to it. I guess my feeling is that it could become a true classic. Wanting to give it a satin black wrap treatment with a pulley upgrade and tune.

thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
Savage title? I would sell it. Why tie your money up on something that is decreasing in value, let alone have to store it where it will invariably need more than it does today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my reasoning is that I know the car is solid, the salvage title is an anchor on the value.

Savage title? I would sell it. Why tie your money up on something that is decreasing in value, let alone have to store it where it will invariably need more than it does today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I’m being irrational...I just love the car. I traded my 2013 X5 M for it, and I knew I made a good decision.

Free storage at dads house

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If the V's become "Classic", which I hope they do, it would be years down the road and a "Salvage title" would be the lowest priced classic if it does happen. And that assumes that nothing bad ever happens to the car between now and some long time horizon event.

Reactions: Dealkevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, that is my challenge. My argument will be that it is a two owner car over a 10 period. Regardless, 20k cash vs keeping the car in this Economic market environment is a mute point in my mind.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I agree, that is my challenge. My argument will be that it is a two owner car over a 10 period. Regardless, 20k cash vs keeping the car in this Economic market environment is a mute point in my mind.
Salvage title, vast majority people pass on them. You're one of the minority who did not...sell.

Take the money. Invest it. Look in 10-15 years spend that money on it.

Peace out.

Reactions: Dealkevin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts