Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.

I recently bought a V2 coupe and found this site while researching ideas for the "build". Seems like there is good info here.

The car is a 2011 black diamond coupe and was stock except for an intake and catch can. I had to replace the isolator this weekend, so I put a 2.55 griptec pulley and green gates belt on as well. I might have jumped the gun on the pulley.

I look forward to learning a ton.

Sky Vehicle Cloud Car Wheel

· Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,079 Posts
Welcome aboard, looks pretty clean. Do you do your own tuning? Just curious because you swapped pullies. I’d also recommend you address the intercooler system now that you are spinning the blower harder.

upgrade the hx/pump
Reinforce your brick

· Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,782 Posts
Welcome aboard, looks pretty clean. Do you do your own tuning? Just curious because you swapped pullies. I’d also recommend you address the intercooler system now that you are spinning the blower harder.

upgrade the hx/pump
Reinforce your brick
This. This will overheat faster than an Alabama mud slide.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

upgrade the hx/pump
Reinforce your brick
This. This will overheat faster than an Alabama mud slide.

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't tune. Luckily there are a couple of good tuners in my area. Definitely wouldn't mind learning though.

I was on Mont and Weapon X today comparing all the cooling mods. I really didn't expect this thing to hit 15psi with just a 2.55 upper. Maybe 12.

Did one WOT pull the other night and IAT2 was 152. That seems like a bad day waiting to happen haha.

jcs003 - This Bama humidity will leave you feeling very swampy.

· Registered
1,079 Posts
I’d definitely do the cooling ASAP, you can also use dedicated motor sports, either buy a new reinforced brick from them or send yours to them for reinforcement. Mont is always solid for parts, weaponx is a crap shoot

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d definitely do the cooling ASAP, you can also use dedicated motor sports, either buy a new reinforced brick from them or send yours to them for reinforcement. Mont is always solid for parts, weaponx is a crap shoot
I had a good experience with Mont when I bought the isolator and pulley. I'll check out Dedicated too. I'm not familiar with them.

· Registered
1,079 Posts
I had a good experience with Mont when I bought the isolator and pulley. I'll check out Dedicated too. I'm not familiar with them.
Dedicated offers the reinforcement services or they will sell you a new one already reinforced. They are great always ship very fast. You can also order the reinforcement plates and weld them on yourself if you are good with a tig. Service includes a sonic cleaning, pressure test, reinforcement, re test. Just giving you options.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dedicated offers the reinforcement services or they will sell you a new one already reinforced. They are great always ship very fast. You can also order the reinforcement plates and weld them on yourself if you are good with a tig. Service includes a sonic cleaning, pressure test, reinforcement, re test. Just giving you options.
A new reinforced brick is half the cost of the CR replacement. That's a good option haha. Thanks

· Registered
1,079 Posts
If your at 15 psi your flirting with disaster, stock brick is only rated at 7-8 I believe with a little wiggle room

· Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
619 Posts
Welcome to the forum SHV. What part of Alabama do you live? I'm just north of birmingham in Walker County. Blake in Trussville does my tuning.

· Registered
1,079 Posts

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice beautiful ones absolutely no issues, fat saggy ones that need to be tucked into a belt or say tits on a male…. Not so nice!

· Registered
1,079 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.