Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

New in Houston

Tags
sedan stock
1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Psychobillycaddy 
#1 ·
Hi,

Longtime lurker while kind of eyeing this car since '09. Finally found what I was looking for recently in a 1-owner 2012 V Sedan w/ 28k miles, so decided to register and say hi.

I remember the first commercials for the '09s - they really stuck with me. I was like "wow Cadillac is steppin up" A year later my first of two children was born and all those thoughts hit the back-burner. Life happened. A mini-van was purchased. No regrets. Now, however, it's my turn.

My wife and I went on the test drive. It was the first time in a V for either of us. I puttered around for a bit checking function and listening for maladies. Then I put it in sport trans, downshifted to 2nd @3000rpm, and dumped the gas. It was everything I had hoped for. After I backed off, my wife pretended to be pissed... for about a second.

I really appreciate this community and the invaluable resource it is. Look forward to contributing when I have anything to offer.

Best,

Jay

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks all,

Today was my first day commuting in the V. I had previously been driving one of my other cars, an old 4runner with 230k miles, and although well maintained by me, is just sad-slow. So yeah, shit-eating grin all morning.

@RedTXV ah nice, Cypress here. If you commute in rush hour, do you do 249/Beltway? Just curious - I go that way many mornings and evenings when 290 is eff'd, and hate those exits both ways.

#9 ·
Welcome, from one new V2 owner to another. When it's track time you'll be passing by my neighborhood on the way to the Royal Purple Raceway park. The track is so close that I can hear the top fuel and funny cars from my house when the spring nationals are here every year.

I drove my car around for a week then put it on jack stands for another week to do a full exhaust upgrade. After that I drove it for another week then put it back on jack stands to do some cooling mods. All this with the paper plates still on. Enjoy your new toy and reach out if you need anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.