Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to setting up my Hpt scanner and had a nice day to log and immediately noticed a problem my new to me 09 v that has 120k on it and no snout whine or discernable noises. I noticed that the iat 1 was about 60 * but my iat 2 was 130 * no matter what. pulling or idling. so i checked the t filler and there was no coolant visible . I've put about a cup or 2 of coolant in there and no difference. I pulled and reinserted the fuse to see if there was any difference and there was none. It also appears there is no flow through the t. I already ordered a new pump . any input? thanks Lads

·
Registered
643 Posts
You may want to pull the lid also make sure that the brick doesn’t have a leak. Also a good time to do a reinforce and maybe heat exchanger upgrade. If you plan on any future mods

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my thoughts as well. I am a proto engineer by trade and a decent tig welder so stepping up the brick was at the top of the list

·
Registered
643 Posts
Only takes 10 minutes to pull the lid, you’ll know right away if you have a leak if your loaded with coolant, can also see how much oil is in there to with that kind of mileage. Maybe consider a catch can sooner then later

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pulled the lid and pressurized to 40 psi no leaks also no deformation good amount of oil though. I also got a new pump today so I'm going to drop that in and see what I get. I'm assuming priming it would be nearly impossible with a dead pump so maybe my coolant is staying in the loop.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Possibility, hopefully the new pump does the trick. I’d recommend a catch can to get rid of the oil u there, that uturn hose cad came up with is a poor design IMO

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep bad pump. I have been indoctrinated to the bleed process. iat 2 is now in check and all is good

Reactions: Ctarb1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.