Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Carlos and I recently purchased a 12 V2 sedan. I had a 09 G8 GT for a good amount of time and always wanted a V. My son purchased a 12 V2 sedan, drove it and ended up getting rid of the G8. I’m on E with headers and and catless x, so I’ll be look for ideas on parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Welcome aboard, there’s lots of good reading here depending on what you want to do for mods, I’d recommend all of the cooling mods as a first plan but just my .02

·
Registered
2012 BD A6
29 Posts
Definitely plenty of information on here, almost every possible build or combo has been done. Best of luck building and making some power

Reactions: Fantazma

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard, there’s lots of good reading here depending on what you want to do for mods, I’d recommend all of the cooling mods as a first plan but just my .02
I’ll be doing that for sure. The two big things I’m wanting right now is a CAI and Sideswipe.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I’ll be doing that for sure. The two big things I’m wanting right now is a CAI and Sideswipe.

What mods are already on the car? If your running E you must have some stuff done to it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What mods are already on the car? If your running E you must have some stuff done to it.
Literally just long tubes and catless X. I’m ordering 2.5 upper, 160° stat, Airaid intake, and some other minor things.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Literally just long tubes and catless X. I’m ordering 2.5 upper, 160° stat, Airaid intake, and some other minor things.

If your on E with headers and your going to pulley the SC you’ll want to look into injectors as well. Also look into upgrading the heat exchanger and pump and make sure you reinforce the sc brick

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your on E with headers and your going to pulley the SC you’ll want to look into injectors as well. Also look into upgrading the heat exchanger and pump and make sure you reinforce the sc brick
I have 90lbs and brick is reinforced. Do you know of any blower blankets? I had a buddy that had a hellcat and they have a blanket that goes in between the valley cover and blower. He usually stayed near ambient temps. My son talked me into the weapon X exchanger, he is doing a nice build on his.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have 90lbs and brick is reinforced. Do you know of any blower blankets? I had a buddy that had a hellcat and they have a blanket that goes in between the valley cover and blower. He usually stayed near ambient temps. My son talked me into the weapon X exchanger, he is doing a nice build on his.

I’m sure you can search on this site, some people on here have tried the blanket I believe. Weaponx is a popular one that’s what I’m running with the varimax pump. I have the ZL1 lid, bmr reservoir and all 12an hoses sitting on my toolbox ready to go in I just need some down time

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,385 Posts
Welcome! I'm over in Mustang along with Tom (@CSARGUNNER ). If you have any questions I'd be happy to help. Also, join the Oklahoma V page on facebook. FYI the other Facebook pages are sometimes, mostly, always a shit show.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m sure you can search on this site, some people on here have tried the blanket I believe. Weaponx is a popular one that’s what I’m running with the varimax pump. I have the ZL1 lid, bmr reservoir and all 12an hoses sitting on my toolbox ready to go in I just need some down time
Those lids are crazy high now, I am looking at them though. I’ll be happy making about mid 600’s, nothing much more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome! I'm over in Mustang along with Tom (@CSARGUNNER ). If you have any questions I'd be happy to help. Also, join the Oklahoma V page on facebook. FYI the other Facebook pages are sometimes, mostly, always a shit show.
Good deal, I’ll be around for sure. I’m off social media, but my son is on some of the V pages and keeps me up to date. I waiting on him to get his done soon. We put a cam in his, but he is adding a bit more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, I go to events at times like they had Armageddon this last weekend. I usually just hang with a few of my buddies and that’s about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome. I’m in Mustang along with JAustin.
We just recently established a V-Club for Oklahoma and had our first meet. Just a bunch of caddie guys/girls talking caddie things.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Save the time and money and keep the stock thermostat.

Reactions: JAustin and Omgctsv

·
Tie Fighter Pilot
45 Posts
Nice, Another Oklahoma guy here down in Lawton....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome. I’m in Mustang along with JAustin.
We just recently established a V-Club for Oklahoma and had our first meet. Just a bunch of caddie guys/girls talking caddie things.
I am going to jump on there, I want to check it out for sure.

Save the time and money and keep the stock thermostat.
Is it not worth it, part is not pricey at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts