Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I finally got my Gen 2 V , I almost bought a Gen 3 , 2 years ago but I could not put the deal together at the Cadillac dealership.but this one is mine now and I love it! It’s fast and smooth and sounds like a beast. Not great on gas but who cares. :):):)

Look forward to learning from all on here.

Best

Z

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville. Post a pic.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
With that gas mileage it must have more mods.
Is it running methanol?
Someone down there should be able to help you figure out the mods. Cam, pulleys, injectors….
Mine with long tube headers and CAI still gets 14-15 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Thanks guys, as far as mods, I think mine already has some mods the exhaust and a cold air intake.
The rest, I’m not sure of? It does between 6-10 mpg and sounds beastly. I’m loving so far!
Where bouts are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, i believe it has more mods than what I can see, it flys but a 185 mile range on a full tank of premium fuel not so good. I have not tried methanol fuel yet , but won’t that give me less mpg? Maybe I need less mods, I will take some pics under hood, too see what you guys think? I want a daily driver not a race car or track car only

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am wondering if you have different gearing in the rear end. I know when I went from 2.92 to 3.45 in my G8, I was getting about 11-12 and it was a N/A car tuned on 91.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i took my V on a trip this weekend my best highway MPG was 12 range 200 miles + still very bad :(
here are some engine pics. Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By instruments , I should have wrote down my start and finish miles? Although, I don’t think I did much better.
im trying to find out what mods I have because 6-7 mpg miles in the city or 12 mpg on the highway,
I will need to tie a gas pump to the bumper. :( Again, I love the new ride.

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
If that’s on gasoline and you don’t have an obnoxious cam, something isn’t right.

I can get 20mpg on the highway if I keep it around 70-75 and not do spirited runs.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
By instruments , I should have wrote down my start and finish miles? Although, I don’t think I did much better.
im trying to find out what mods I have because 6-7 mpg miles in the city or 12 mpg on the highway,
I will need to tie a gas pump to the bumper. :( Again, I love the new ride.
Yes, keeping track of total miles driven (using the Trip A and Trip B recorders) and fuel used.

IF I'm being really fast from "light to light" in the city, I'll be high 7.

I agree with Karch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don’t know much about my Vs history, is there a way to find out if I’m suppose to running ethanol? what should I look for or is there some software you can connect to find out. Ive had a few vettes C5-6 always got better mpg?
maybe it will do better on e85? But I’m afraid to damage something if it’s not. Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
642 Posts
You would have the flex sensor if your cars been tuned for it, would be near passenger side rear of engine by the plastic filler “t” for the Intercooler

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I don’t know much about my Vs history, is there a way to find out if I’m suppose to running ethanol? what should I look for or is there some software you can connect to find out. Ive had a few vettes C5-6 always got better mpg?
maybe it will do better on e85? But I’m afraid to damage something if it’s not. Thanks for all the input guys.
You don't have to run E if you are just going around. Think you mpg is bad now, worse with E.

Reactions: SimplyDreamin
1 - 20 of 24 Posts