Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing the New Era Intake, but I am a little worried about how low it hangs and taking out the Brake duct because of rain. Has anyone had issues driving in the rain with the filter hanging so low? Especially with the long Green filter where it actually shows next to the fog light. Will it pull water through the filter when it rains?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Drive my daily with a New Era 4.5 and the 14" green filter. Rain storms in Texas and Florida have given me zero issues.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You will need to completely submerge to hydrolock. Wet filter will not be an issue

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
been daily driving with a NE intake for somewhere around 4 Years with the k&n. Switched to the larger green filter last year. Never had an issue. Just avoid flooded roads.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Not sure what you mean by this...?
That means you'd essentially have to take the filter off and stick the intake into a kiddy pool to affect the motor...

Reactions: ccady

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
AKA don't drive your low slung Cadillac through 6"+ of standing water... (just a ballpark figure obviously)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ccady

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That means you'd essentially have to take the filter off and stick the intake into a kiddy pool to affect the motor...
Haha, thanks... I figured the engine would pull it straight up.

AKA don't drive your low slung Cadillac through 6"+ of standing water... (just a ballpark figure obviously)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
So no mudding then...? Got it! Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just drove back to Cali from WA. through monsoon like rain, snow and winds with a New Era and the brake duct removed, although the filter was a little wet, I don't think any issue were caused by it. Like others said I think you would have to all but submerge the front of the car to hydrolock the motor.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just drove back to Cali from WA. through monsoon like rain, snow and winds with a New Era and the brake duct removed, although the filter was a little wet, I don't think any issue were caused by it. Like others said I think you would have to all but submerge the front of the car to hydrolock the motor.
Very good to know. I will be installing it soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.