Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

New DSX Auxiliary pump coming soon

8K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  random84 
#1 ·
As some of you may be aware, DSX will be releasing a upgrade pump that will be a direct replacement for the existing 255lph pump.

The pump will increase flow from 255lph to 350lph and be available in the coming months.

Do you think this replacement pump along with the addition of DW300 intake pumps will significantly improve fuel supply?

Currently I have ID1300s, DSX and stock pumps and I’m close to max out currently.

I know a Fore System is what most will suggest, but I’m don’t want to spend another 4K right now.

Cost will be roughly 150 plus shipping.

#3 ·
Is the Bosch 044 completely plug in play and operate exactly like the current 255lph pump DSX currently uses or will it require modification? Any special programming? in your experience tuning cars, how did this extend the Aux system? Is it worth it? Do you sale this Bosch 044 pump?

#4 ·
I need one- maybe.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
How’s your car running? Have you run into any issues with fuel supply with your setup? You should definitely consider it just to give you a little more head room. I’m finally planning to get my heads and cam installed this late spring/early summer but I‘m starting to get concerned that I might not have enough fuel to support spinning the blower a little faster and make the power the engine is capable of making on E85. I‘m currently 3.0/8.6 but would like to drop back down to a 2.75 or maybe 2.65. I only have ID1300s, DSX Kit and I plan to add Adam’s Level 2 hat with DW300 pumps.

#6 ·
Should you also consider upgrading to -6an or -8an feed fuel hose? I’d imagine with three big pumps pushing through that small stock line you are going to end up with other issues.

In the past, on a different combo, I had a fuel heating issue (boiling fuel) that was from big pumps pushing through a return setup factory line back in the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Should you also consider upgrading to -6an or -8an feed fuel hose? I’d imagine with three big pumps pushing through that small stock line you are going to end up with other issues.

In the past, on a different combo, I had a fuel heating issue (boiling fuel) that was from big pumps pushing through a return setup factory line back in the 90s.

:unsure:Hmm...You have a very good point! is there a way I can just purchase the -8an feed fuel hose and maybe the LSA fuel rails as well?

Fore 41-100 LSA / LS9 Fuel Rails

#12 ·
Yup - well post up here when it's available to remind me to get one. Maybe I'll have my fuel system upgraded by then to see how much room is left on the existing.

#14 ·
Don't forget to upgrade the relief valve in the in-tank pump assembly or all this awesome pressure and volume is for not. That shit opens and bleeds off fuel around 68-72 PSI.

#15 ·
Good information that I did not know anything about. I’ll note take this. Thanks!

Reactions: JAustin
#18 ·
Resistance is cumulative, so... probably.

#19 ·
My memory could be foggy but didn’t Cuein9sec post a bunch of info regarding the plastic fuel elbow upgrade on a stock hat? I thought he showed data that while the stock line was sized to around 6an the plastic stock elbow from the OEM fuel hat was restricting the flow since it was a choke point in the system. (I think he had a Maggy 2650 setup.)

I guess this is where Adam’s fuel hat comes into play as a nice plug and play solution. I was holding out for the DSX prototype that was teased a while back, on his FB, but I don’t think that setup will ever make it to production.

#20 · (Edited)
I bought Adam’s Stage 1 Hat. I presented your recommendation of upgrading the fuel lines to my shop manager and he asked to provide pictures of this unit to see if it is larger than factory. after viewing the pictures, he concluded that the outlets appeared to be the same as factory and that there would be no benefit. Am I missing something?

#22 · (Edited)
The OEM elbow is very restrictive- smaller than-6 AN at the elbow. It is not a "high flow" design, so yes replacing it with a quality fitting reduces restriction.

Even the aluminum-6 AN factory lines have several 90* turns that are restrictive. Reducing the number of restrictions improves flow... to a point.

The question is not "will reducing restrictive fittings help?" Because it obviously will.

The real question is " will replacing 12 feet of -6 AN aluminum line with smooth bore PTFE of -6 AN help [enough to matter with a given pump setup]?" I'd say yes it will.

Going to -8 AN lines, even with -6 AN fittings will help further, if you have enough pump to move the volume at a given pressure, knowing there is always resistance in every setup. [emoji3]

Basically you're eliminating specific choke points in the system with each upgrade - but at some point you'll reduce enough restrictions to where your pumps are at full pressure and flow and further upgrades make no additional improvements, or the pump can't push enough actual volume to keep the desired rail pressure and you see pressure drop after removing all those restrictions (think... size -40 AN for a fuel line!)

Guys with AUX kits would benefit from -8 AN lines IMHO, which is why I plan on doing just that.

#23 · (Edited)
As some of you may already know, I sold my DW300 pumps and my ALM Level 1 Hat. I got a great deal through a vendor that was hard to refuse on a L3 Triple pump setup. I was also able to recoup some of my losses with the sale of those items and I plan recoup more of my losses when I sale my DSX Auxiliary kit when the car goes under the knife some time this summer. So with the discount from the vendor and the sale of items that I longer need, makes buying the Fore System much more digestible and justifiable.

I also decided to go Fore because I did not want any regrets this time around. I remember last year I was all excited because I was one of the first people to get the Kong 2650. At the time I was faced with the decision of either selling my Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 and getting the Kong 2650 or keeping the Heartbeat 2300 and using those funds to upgrade my subpar small cam and stock heads.

A lot of you recommended over and over that I must address my H/C situation or else that 2650 would be significantly held back and it was. I don’t want to make the same mistake twice and be disappointed again. This will be my final BIG build with this car and I don’t want any regrets.

Reactions: random84 and Karch
#24 ·
No ragrets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.