Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post on the forum. I just purchased my first Cadillac, a 2012 CTS-V Coupe. I bought it from my friend, who I've known for over 40 years, and we keep in touch.

He ordered it brand new in late 2011 from Cadillac of Las Vegas. It is equipped with a manual, standard seats, no sunroof and polished wheels in White Tincoat. I've know of this car since he originally bought it and was able to purchase it from him about three weeks ago.

I flew in, spent the night at his house and drove it home the next day. When I pulled out of his driveway the odometer read 1,989 miles! Yup, that's right. I am the only other person to have ever driven the car. The only thing he ever changed in his nine years of ownership (right or wrong) was the battery, about four years ago. He had saved the original battery and I brought it home with me. Since then I have changed ALL the fluids, wiper blades and put on new tires (saving the original oil filter, blades and tires).

The car is as-new and still smells that way. I have muscle cars, but have never had anything like this..........it is everything I'd hoped it would be! Modern, reliable, comfortable and a superb performer that can be driven anywhere anytime.

I am not much of a "poster", but do enjoy reading forums about my favorite hobby subjects, and look forward to this one.

Smiling as I drive.........................

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hi, first post on the forum. I just purchased my first Cadillac, a 2012 CTS-V Coupe. I bought it from my friend, who I've known for over 40 years, and we keep in touch.

He ordered it brand new in late 2011 from Cadillac of Las Vegas. It is equipped with a manual, standard seats, no sunroof and polished wheels in White Tincoat. I've know of this car since he originally bought it and was able to purchase it from him about three weeks ago.

I flew in, spent the night at his house and drove it home the next day. When I pulled out of his driveway the odometer read 1,989 miles! Yup, that's right. I am the only other person to have ever driven the car. The only thing he ever changed in his nine years of ownership (right or wrong) was the battery, about four years ago. He had saved the original battery and I brought it home with me. Since then I have changed ALL the fluids, wiper blades and put on new tires (saving the original oil filter, blades and tires).

The car is as-new and still smells that way. I have muscle cars, but have never had anything like this..........it is everything I'd hoped it would be! Modern, reliable, comfortable and a superb performer that can be driven anywhere anytime.

I am not much of a "poster", but do enjoy reading forums about my favorite hobby subjects, and look forward to this one.

Smiling as I drive.........................
What about the supercharger? Also, since it sat around, watch the shocks. The seals are prone to leaking from no movement. Also double check tires for cracking.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
WOW!!!
That's an amazing Garage Queen story! To ice the cake, it has spent all this time in the Time Machine that is Las Vegas, no humidity, no salt air, no Winters. Congratulations!
I'm curious your plan for it. Since you now have the most well-preserved, museum-original CTS-V coupe in the land.... are you going to drive it, or do you feel somehow restricted, as if you must maintain its virginity? The fact that you are preserving the original oil filter and battery seems to hint at a predicament.

Reactions: WaitedTooLong4MyV

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Welcome. You just popped a cherry!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Also, if you wanted to set a new record over at BaT......

They'd go bonkers over there.

Now, if only your buddy had been into wagons.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the appreciative comments. Supercharger coolant was changed, too, and tires replaced. And thanks for the tip on watching the shocks.

As for plans? Interesting that for the last four or so years my friend usually commented "Yea, that car is really too nice to be sitting in the garage". To which I replied, "Well, I would give it a good home". He would say, "I know". That's how it went. I appreciate the car for what it is.....extremely low mileage.......never in rain.....virtually new......and with respect, I will be driving it. I'm not hung up on continuing my ownership as he did, and he knows and appreciates that.

I really did "Pop its cherry" last week with a roadtrip from Phoenix to San Antonio and back. A lot of firsts........the first night it ever was outside, driven in the rain, etc. A wonderful way to get acquainted with the car by taking the back roads on the return trip. Very satisfied!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Thanks for the appreciative comments. Supercharger coolant was changed, too, and tires replaced. And thanks for the tip on watching the shocks.

As for plans? Interesting that for the last four or so years my friend usually commented "Yea, that car is really too nice to be sitting in the garage". To which I replied, "Well, I would give it a good home". He would say, "I know". That's how it went. I appreciate the car for what it is.....extremely low mileage.......never in rain.....virtually new......and with respect, I will be driving it. I'm not hung up on continuing my ownership as he did, and he knows and appreciates that.

I really did "Pop its cherry" last week with a roadtrip from Phoenix to San Antonio and back. A lot of firsts........the first night it ever was outside, driven in the rain, etc. A wonderful way to get acquainted with the car by taking the back roads on the return trip. Very satisfied!
There is a post in here about how many miles where on your V. Yours will be breaking the trend of that number going up.

BTW what I meant about the supercharger is that there is a recall to replace it. There is a time and mileage limit to replace.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a post in here about how many miles where on your V. Yours will be breaking the trend of that number going up.

BTW what I meant about the supercharger is that there is a recall to replace it. There is a time and mileage limit to replace.
Yeah, it will go up, but the amount I will be driving it will be modest.

And, thanks for the clarification about the supercharger........I didn't know about that. Researched it a little and made a stop by my closest Cadillac dealership. I met the service writer and asked some questions about bulletin 13313. He did a good job listening and went to get a tech. The tech was familiar with the bulletin and had dealt with several cars that were making the noise and did the supercharger swaps on them. He listened to mine and did not hear the noise. Not to say that mine, with low mileage, won't present the problem later, but thanks to your note, at least now I'm tuned in. My time window ends about Jan, 2022.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Yeah, it will go up, but the amount I will be driving it will be modest.

And, thanks for the clarification about the supercharger........I didn't know about that. Researched it a little and made a stop by my closest Cadillac dealership. I met the service writer and asked some questions about bulletin 13313. He did a good job listening and went to get a tech. The tech was familiar with the bulletin and had dealt with several cars that were making the noise and did the supercharger swaps on them. He listened to mine and did not hear the noise. Not to say that mine, with low mileage, won't present the problem later, but thanks to your note, at least now I'm tuned in. My time window ends about Jan, 2022.
That is great. Look at doing it even if you don't "need" it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts