Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
You have my fucking attention. The V.R = Racing. Are they making it a GT3 or GT4 spec to get back to the track?
The .R is just to identify it as the real V and not the V badge wearing V sports we have now. It is the car that the clueless media has been calling the V blackwing or whatever the fuck it really was those dipshits came up with.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The .R is just to identify it as the real V and not the V badge wearing V sports we have now. It is the car that the clueless media has been calling the V blackwing or whatever the fuck it really was those dipshits came up with.
You sure? The designation of the ATS-V.R was the GT3 platform designated by Caddy for Pirelli World Challenge. Seeing the same alpha numeric callout of CT5-V.R I assumed that it was the same as the ATS-V.R. One can only hope. Larry what say you?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Nobody knows what the "real Vs" will be called. Think of the .R as a placeholder until we know what to really call it. Caddy floated the idea of calling it Blackwing a few months ago which is idiotic since it doesn't have that motor.

I personally have been calling it The "CTS-V.R++SuperDeluxeUltra" until someone proves to me that it's called something else.:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
16,534 Posts
It seriously was CT5V.R but the latest I have hear is V
CT5V Track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
You sure? The designation of the ATS-V.R was the GT3 platform designated by Caddy for Pirelli World Challenge. Seeing the same alpha numeric callout of CT5-V.R I assumed that it was the same as the ATS-V.R. One can only hope. Larry what say you?
The V.R was the placeholder when they rolled out the V sport turning into V non sense. It was just a place holder though. No concept for a badge picture or anything like that. It was just labeled V.R with the .R part being just text. The real Vs were referred to as the track capable Vs. Last I heard V.R was actually the plan but I haven't seen that for myself. Sometimes I think any ridiculous thing some idiot says in a marketing meeting gets leaked to the press and becomes a rumor though. Hell, maybe that's intentional by the marketing people. How will everyone react to this? Just leak it to C&D and read the comments.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thought inline with the race cars being xxx-V.R. That includes the V2 coupe racers, the ATS-V racers, and the DPi cars. But the DPi cars despite being called DPi-V.R don't say V.R on them. They haven't done any sticker changes on them yet. Still just a V badge behind the front wheel based on pics from the Roar. Will be interesting to see if they change anything there prior to any announcement of real Vs.

Also curious as to when they might announce real Vs. Detroit Auto Show in June? At a race before that? Detroit GP? At a race after that? The GP and auto show are only a week a part. I've forgotten what the SORP plan was for the real Vs but I would bet we get an announcement at the end of May or beginning of June.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is hilarious. Sales guys are so awesome. And the the CT6V is fat and not worthy of what our V3 left for a legacy. I’m dreaming of a CT5V.R.GTR.WTFbetterhavea6.2awd10speed

·
Registered
757 Posts
This is hilarious. Sales guys are so awesome. And the the CT6V is fat and not worthy of what our V3 left for a legacy. I’m dreaming of a CT5V.R.GTR.WTFbetterhavea6.2awd10speed
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

41 - 52 of 52 Posts