Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
621 - 640 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Check out the lame comments at the end of the article. Some people just suck.
The passionate ignorant race fans are all part of it. GM and Corvette racing couldn’t give 2 fucks. 3 in a row...full stop.

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I know I know - Fuck Hennessey -

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #627 ·
C8 wins again at VIR. Only 6 cars in the field x2 911 RSR's, x2 BMW M8's and x2 C8's. Watched the race and the Porsche's we on rails, they looked unbeatable and I was surprised at how well the M8's were doing. It's a long race (2:40) and the C8 is proving its worth by racking up wins.

BoP seems pretty good as the GTLM cars were in a conga line with no one walking away. Look at Frederic's pole setting lap, I was in awe of his driving. Take note on how he tracks out and uses only what is needed for curbing on the apexes. Flawless performance. The Frenchman sure can wheel that RSR.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My friend and I went and checked out a C8 as I am considering a convertible for a DD.
I don't like the row of buttons on the center console, they should have put braille on them like the commercial microwaves.
I don't want to take my eyes off the road to see what button I am pushing.
I like the HUD, I like the speed bump lift feature.
It comes down to ordering, salesman told me if I want to order a convertible it will probably be July/August 2021 for October delivery.
Kinda "pointy" with sharp lines and the rear reminds me of a Testarossa but "busier".
Compared to my NSX, the NSX is a much nicer car IMO.
I won't be getting rid of it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I wish those NSX guys would come to the track. I think they know better.

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I contacted several local dealers (Los Angeles).
Penske agreed with the others, if I "order" a convertible I probably will not see it (if I even get one because of allotments ) till Oct. of 2021.
12 week lead-time from order to delivery.
$5k deposit (refundable, it better be!).
They want me to make an appointment to come in, but I see no reason to put a deposit down now on a car I won't see for a year, and that is if I get one.
My credit union said I am good to go, but they will not finance without a purchase order.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got to drive the C8 Z51 (LT2) recently. It seemed to me to be a great luxury car, but not a very engaging sports car. It was super quick -- I hit 2.9s to 60 mph with launch control -- and yet aloof and not so eager to turn! The ride and build quality were excellent though! I wrote up my full thoughts and compared it to my AMG GT S on my blog.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,714 Posts
Very interesting coming from an AMG owner.
I hope you’re able to drive the upcoming Z06 and ZR1 as well.

I got to drive the C8 Z51 (LT2) recently. It seemed to me to be a great luxury car, but not a very engaging sports car. It was super quick -- I hit 2.9s to 60 mph with launch control -- and yet aloof and not so eager to turn! The ride and build quality were excellent though! I wrote up my full thoughts and compared it to my AMG GT S on my blog.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 · (Edited)
I really enjoyed your blog. Nice job better than most car rags and liked your flowing prose as it relates to street driving. I have not driven the C8 but I have tested the AMG GT. It's tough to compare the cars as I feel it's apples and oranges. Now a track day with each would be quite fun!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
3,073 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really enjoyed your blog. Nice job better than most car rags and liked your flowing prose as it relates to street driving. I have not driven the C8 but I have tested the AMG GT. It's tough to compare the cars as I feel it's apples and oranges. Now a track day with each would be quite fun!
Thanks m13s! I thought the two cars would be more similar than they were, since they weigh about the same and make about the same power. But you got it right...apples to oranges.

I have had my AMG GT on the track. It was a delight! I'm still learning the car and building speed, but it's so intuitive and forgiving. Plus it make some good sounds in the process!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very interesting coming from an AMG owner.
I hope you’re able to drive the upcoming Z06 and ZR1 as well.
I'm dying to try the new Z06. The 458 Italia has long been a dream car of mine, and from the looks of it, the C8 Z06 might be even better! (That would be a comparison test I'd love to do!)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
621 - 640 of 646 Posts