Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 2019 release

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/11/c8-midengine-chevy-corvette-reveal-july-18/

I, for one, can't wait. This car will be a 911 killer and starting at $60k. Mid engine 6.2 with DCT! What is not to like, mid engine 500+ hp american V8.

Under 100K with racing pedigree, What are the Z06 and ZL1 variants going to look like? Good time to be alive. Hopefully the geriatric vette crowd won't buy them and shrink wrap to keep them as garage queens. We all know vette owners never do that.

Before you guys pounce about no manual option, it's 2019. I love the manual as much as the next guy but it's 2019 and technology has moved on. If the car is to be taken seriously on the world stage this is the right option. Can't wait to see the platform on the race track, and what the teams will do with it. See - Pratt and Miller for one. The C7 is one of my favorites and I think this will be even better provided they don't have any heat issues.

Hopefully I'll have some students this fall that will have the new car, if so I'll be happy to make a test report from the track.

Really, really excited for this car! CVP what are your thoughts as a C7 owner?

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
GM...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Notice zero RPM? Loooks like key on engine off
I think that's MPH and it's idling around 6-700 RPM

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Dick Pickles
5,743 Posts
I don’t know. I want to be skeptical, but I haven’t absorbed enough information about the the mid-engine Vette. Is it still a Corvette?:confused:

·
Registered
697 Posts
A lot of speculation from the C8 hopefuls that:
1. $60k base (fantasy land!)
2. Ferrari/PORSCHE/McClaren killer (hahahahaha)

Take note of GM's successful history of rear/mid engine cars:

Corvair and Fiero.

The main reason Corvette gave up on FE is Camaro was right up their tailpipe and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
i recall gm engineers saying they had reached the limits of a front engine car which would also explain why camaros have been keeping up.

to little information out about this car to judge it , the engine options will be tell all.

·
Vendor
1,734 Posts
I had a C5 before the V. IMO a little too late to the mid-engine game and not a fan of the body lines at all.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of speculation from the C8 hopefuls that:
1. $60k base (fantasy land!)
2. Ferrari/PORSCHE/McClaren killer (hahahahaha)

Take note of GM's successful history of rear/mid engine cars:

Corvair and Fiero.

The main reason Corvette gave up on FE is Camaro was right up their tailpipe and a lot cheaper.
In the hands of the right driver the C7 (Z06) will equal or better a Porsche/Ferrari/McClaren on a road course. The mid engine now puts them on equal footing.I liked the Corvair, Fiero, not so much.

I do agree the 60K base is marketing bs.

Even at 150K optioned out if it is equal to or greater than the competition why spend the extra $$ for a P/F/Mc other than to say you own one.

For me it is about $/performance, if I can get it cheaper so be it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Until I see a C8 doing some serious road course work I will reserve judgement on performance.

My family owned two Corvairs, one of which is probably still running.

Be prepared to see the first over $200k Corvette.

As for a super hybrid version like a 918, I would like to see Corvette do one for 1/2 the price.

I shopped around and I am still convinced the NSX is a freaking bargain compared to all the other ME's.

It isn't a slouch either, but it does get treated like the red headed kid.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I like!

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a20730890/2020-chevrolet-mid-engine-corvette-c8/

Exceeded my expectations in the looks department. It looks fucking great!!!!!!!!!!

Almost has a Pininfarina design but kept some of the angles to keep it Vette like.

Bravo gentlemen, Bravo.
Hold your applause. That's just what C&D thinks it will look like. Artist rendering. Those are not official pics. Although I'm sure the overall shape is close, it's all gonna be in the details. We'll see it for real in a month. Hopefully they'll release price/specs at the same time and not draw it out like Ford and the GT500....

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hold your applause. That's just what C&D thinks it will look like. Artist rendering. Those are not official pics (although I'm sure the overall shape is close). We'll see it for real in a month. Hopefully they'll release price/specs at the same time and not draw it out like Ford and the GT500....
You mean I have been had? WTF !?!?!?!?!?!?

1 - 20 of 510 Posts