Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continental announced a new tire - "The ExtremeContact™ Force is a stylish summer ultra-high performance competition tire for both enthusiasts and professionals. Ideal for endurance racing, this tire comes complete with SportPlus™ Technology, which provides responsive handling, better grip on wet roads, and extended tread life." Initially I was pissed because I just bought a set of ExtremeContact Sport tires about a month ago. Then when I looked at the sizes I got more pissed because they don't come in stock V2 sedan/wagon sizes. I didn't bother looking to see if there was an optional size that would work as there weren't many 19" sizes available. Too bad, as these looked like a good compromise between summer performance tires and drag radials.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Reactions: loweredd and m13s

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just installed two r888's on the rear today. I had the pilot pro sport or something like that. They didn't hold very well and I was hitting traction control in third. I've read good things about the r888's except I know they won't last me very long.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just installed two r888's on the rear today. I had the pilot pro sport or something like that. They didn't hold very well and I was hitting traction control in third. I've read good things about the r888's except I know they won't last me very long.
They’re a very good tire for hooking up, they don’t last as long but the more grip comes with that sacrifice. They look sweet too.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
I thought that was a funny way to describe a tire. What is so "stylish" about a black tire?
Tires can definitely have 'style' though we tend to not give them credit for their effect on the appearance of the whole car. Take a look (without actually focusing on the tires) at any nice looking car with Blizzaks mounted... the tires kill the image, subtly.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Tires can definitely have 'style' though we tend to not give them credit for their effect on the appearance of the whole car. Take a look (without actually focusing on the tires) at any nice looking car with Blizzaks mounted... the tires kill the image, subtly.
I didn't even know what Blizzaks were.

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Not sure what you mean by Hooking, is that something that happens late at night with a fist full of 100's on a corner ?
Traction

As far as having a fist full of 100's I'll never have to worry about that...

I feel like there is a joke to be make with "Fist Full"

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Ya got that right!

I am in awe of how the drifters promote and get fans to their events, they are masters of it. Family friendly as well.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Spinnin ain't winnin!!!!
I thought hookin is what the ladyboys do on the street corner late at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m13s
1 - 19 of 19 Posts