Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be a while till I get these installed but ordered optically clear lenses for the factory projectors. When properly focused, they create a sharper cutoff with more light output. Had the V logo etched as I will be doing some custom demon eyes as well. Will post up an install thread when I get the time to do the full install.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well that is taking OCD to a new level.!! Looks badass tho!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Kinda neat.
Love to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love it. Cant wait for installed pictures. V logo is a nice touch.

·
2X 9 second club
11,147 Posts
can you do that with batman logos so I drive around with bat signs projected

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
How much and where from? My headlights are currently apart.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Logos do not affect light output and do not project the logo. Purchased from TRS. I'd have to check how much it was total.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Did you go with the: black 2.5" 's (24mm depth, 66mm dia)?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Keep us posted

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any updates? I used the black series lens on my last V2. They were slightly smaller in diameter and thinker at the base which made it hard to attach without breaking /chipping the edge of the lens.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in the middle of a full build and haven't got to the headlights yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Way to pull this one up from the past! I pulled my car apart, and then decided to go back to school for my MBA. So 4 years with no engine in the car.

Finally back at it. Dealing with a couple issues on my heads right now, and was looking to pull the headlights apart this weekend.

So no, 4 years later and not done!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Way to pull this one up from the past! I pulled my car apart, and then decided to go back to school for my MBA. So 4 years with no engine in the car.

Finally back at it. Dealing with a couple issues on my heads right now, and was looking to pull the headlights apart this weekend.

So no, 4 years later and not done!

lmao!! Well keep us posted what you find out. I saw a thread on HIDplanet of the clear lenses on the CTS projector and it didn't look like it really improved output whatsoever. It sharpened up the cutoff, but output looked worse to me. See thread below:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The testing on TRS showed noticeably sharper cutoff and it looked like a hotter hot spot but maybe a bit less intensity than stock when you get away from the hot spot. I'm putting much better bulbs in the car with higher lumen output, so that should compensate. In the end I'll be happy if it is a sharper cutoff and has the v logo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The testing on TRS showed noticeably sharper cutoff and it looked like a hotter hot spot but maybe a bit less intensity than stock when you get away from the hot spot. I'm putting much better bulbs in the car with higher lumen output, so that should compensate. In the end I'll be happy if it is a sharper cutoff and has the v logo.

I hear that. I had mine taken apart too just to clean debris and condensation from them before sealing them better. Just put Osram Night Breaker Lasers in them so hopefully a needed improvement but we'll see

1 - 20 of 20 Posts