Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter recently got her driving permit, and I just finished up a larger garage so it was the perfect time for a project car. I found this wrecked 2014 Fiesta ST for her. It needs a fair amount of work but should be a perfect car for her once it's done.

It's going to be a great father/daughter project and she will appreciate it much more.

Side note: whoever owned the car was a complete and total slob. I've never seen one this filthy. It's cleaned up nicely so far though.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My daughter recently got her driving permit, and I just finished up a larger garage so it was the perfect time for a project car. I found this wrecked 2014 Fiesta ST for her. It needs a fair amount of work but should be a perfect car for her once it's done.

It's going to be a great father/daughter project and she will appreciate it much more.

Side note: whoever owned the car was a complete and total slob. I've never seen one this filthy. It's cleaned up nicely so far though.
I love this! I might steal your idea and use it with my 14 year old daughter.

She will get her hands a little dirty by being involved, but she will appreciate that car more when it is done and on the road with her behind the wheel.

Well done Dad!

:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man I love the Recaros in the fiesta ST. Probably the best factory seats I've sat in.

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I love the Recaros in the fiesta ST. Probably the best factory seats I've sat in.
Agreed. I have them in my Focus ST and they are awesome

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Manual trans = raising them right!
She drove home from getting her permit in my Focus ST. Really proud of her - not many kids know how to drive a manual anymore

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Looks like it was left out in a cow field with the windows down.

Agreed she will appreciate it more having worked on it.

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy Shit Batman!! That poor car was destroyed! What kind of mongrel owned the thing? If cars could talk, it would be thanking you profusely for saving it.
It came from Illinois. No judgement from me... Interesting that the car is only a little a couple years old. Wasn't titled until August 2015 so all this mess occurred in a short amount of time.

Looks like it was left out in a cow field with the windows down.

Agreed she will appreciate it more having worked on it.
They probably drove on a dirt road and just left the windows down all the time. Luckily it's cleaning up fine. Good project for her to learn about cars, and also see what happens when you don't clean your car

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lack of Sheetrock on those walls is driving me fucking nuts
I just finished building it in November. I'll sheetrock once I put my lifts in and have the wiring in place.

Good for you on the father/daughter project! Our kids need more of these nowadays.
Agreed. Too many kids have no real-life experiences that can help them later and they don't appreciate things.
3 pedals!!!! The St line is the balls, good luck with the project!
Thanks. Making good progress so far!

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a couple more pics of some of the cleanup we've been doing. Former owner sucks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely coming along. Nice work. When do you expect to have it on the road?

·
Premium Member
14,893 Posts
Great job, Dad! She'll get so much more out of sharing the experience with you than she ever will out of the car itself.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
UrPrey, love the look of the diffuser (?) on your car. Who made it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Came for the FiST/daughter jokes and I'm disappointed.....

Seriously though, love the project. 3 pedals FTW!

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 46 Posts