Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's some serious stump pulling torque. Just read a similar article in Motor Trend.

Interesting comment:

"We’re not sure what the engine will be called (for now it’s unimaginatively dubbed Twin Turbo V-8), or how vehicle badging may differ to distinguish the power levels. Also unknown—whether there will ever be a straight-out CT6 V, and if so whether it will use this engine. We were led to believe there is a bit of “head room” to stretch output of this engine, perhaps by de-stroking it to 86mm (4.0 liters) and spinning it a lot faster. For now, we’re assured that this engine targets a more refined power than a V badge portends."

Maybe the pre-owned V-3 market will become glutted after the introduction this CT6-V Sport(?) :p

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
v3 already priced me out of the market for a good while, a tt ct6 will probably continue to widen that gap. I need to grow my company more and pay my employees less ;) (kidding)

·
Premium Member
14,381 Posts
Awesome - that suggests only bigger and better for the V brand.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
The CT6 V-sport will come in AWD. Looks like an awesome car if the engine has any headroom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The successor to the CTS-V is supposed to be the CT5-V though right? It should be smaller and lighter and hopefully more powerful than this CT6 V-sport.

I still would like to see a 5+ Liter TT V8 for the CT5-V since all of the germans and everyone has gone to 4.0 - 4.4 L V8 with the same "hot V" turbo arraignment.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I don't know what to think about this. Definitely makes the V3 way more appealing. Almost the same size and 100 more hp for less money. I suspect they'll sell even less of these new V-sports then they did of the V3

I think the motors being used are similar to whats going to be seen in the mid engine Vette

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
AWD, finally traction without slicks and the shitty handling that comes with them. Yay. Hopefully the AWD system can handle some serious power.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
AWD, finally traction without slicks and the shitty handling that comes with them. Yay. Hopefully the AWD system can handle some serious power.
The new 10 speed is awesome I would hope the AWD system is just as good.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Exactly! Imagine being able to aggressively race from a dig with street tires. Or flooring it at under 40 mph without fear of the tires breaking lose and sending you into your opponents lane to trade some paint. Try explaining that to your insurance company. "You see what had happened was...."

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I think the motors being used are similar to whats going to be seen in the mid engine Vette
This motor is a "hot vee" with the exhaust ports in the center of the V going straight to the turbos for best response and cats can be really close to the exhaust port for efficiency.

The leaked 3d models of the mid engined vette show intake plenums in the inside of the V of the engine and the turbos mounted to the sides of the motor like older turbo V8's.

It might be similar architecture for the block but I would guess not much else is the same with the two engines. This one in the CT6 is for max torque and low end response. The mid engine vette will want higher revs, more power, etc.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This motor is a "hot vee" with the exhaust ports in the center of the V going straight to the turbos for best response and cats can be really close to the exhaust port for efficiency.

The leaked 3d models of the mid engined vette show intake plenums in the inside of the V of the engine and the turbos mounted to the sides of the motor like older turbo V8's.

It might be similar architecture for the block but I would guess not much else is the same with the two engines. This one in the CT6 is for max torque and low end response. The mid engine vette will want higher revs, more power, etc.

Who cares I'll never own either one of them

I just thought it sounded familiar when the article said there will be two versions of the TTV8 for the CT6. They said the same about the Vette having two TT options

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
The torque number jumps out at me saying this is de-tuned and maybe a 700+ hp is coming they will use in the V and the new Zora mid engine. Better internals, cams, and send it.

Curious how they can make 620ft-tq and only 550ish hp

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Who cares I'll never own either one of them

I just thought it sounded familiar when the article said there will be two versions of the TTV8 for the CT6. They said the same about the Vette having two TT options
I don't particularly care either I was just pointing out a large potential difference indicating its not "the same" engine in the two. This is a forum where people discuss things about cars...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts