Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rochester NY here, driven my car a few times so far this year, with the most being for I think 4 days straight last month during a short stretch of sunny weather near the end of the month. But yeah other than that it's been brutal compared to last year. I have Facebook memories popping up every other day showing nice weather, really pisses me off. I haven't even been motivated to put on my summer wheels yet because it feels like a fruitless effort lol.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Welcome. Born and raised in Buff.
Moved across the world and settled for Tennessee.
Winter months remind me of Alaska.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich have you had any work done to the car? Have you worked with the guys from new era? NYV, I may have to move down there soon ny gun laws stink.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought it as it sits, with all work done by another shop and tuner. I have had New Era tune two prior vehicles though and I was happy with them, and they do some of the best work in the NE on LSx vehicles, so I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I actually want to have him tune my V as I'm not too happy with it right now for a few different reasons, just haven't had the time yet. I will tell you that the Saudis keep flying his ass over to Abu Dhabi to tune a bunch of their built cars and trucks a few times a year, so he must be doing something right!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw that, he has some pics on his Instagram for his travels. I have heard nothing but good things but I just got the car so I figure I want to get use to the way it drives stock before I mod it. He does a stage 1 kit that I am considering just don’t know if I should do the work and just bring him the car to tune it. I’m planing on posting a few questions about how hard it is to change the upper pulley, change fuel injectors, where to send the throttle body and snout for porting. The biggest concern I have is, and this may sound dumb but I hate the way the two cars I have seen tuned smell. If the exhaust on the car is going to stink after it’s tuned I will keep it stock. I’m not sure if it’s from the high flow or lack of cats but both cars smell to rich for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red, is that your way of telling me that the rich exhaust smell is unavoidable? I don’t want to smell like I just cut the lawn every time I take the car out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Gotta love spring time! Welcome to the forum! Tons of experience and great information and reviews here! Great vendors as well.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Today was the 1st day I was able to get my 2011 V out on the roads. It’s been a tough winter. Not sure if there are any other western New Yorkers active
I'm one of the few that daily a V through our wonderful Buffalo winters so if you a black sedan with Blizzaks its probably me. Don't see too many even in summer. I know a local guy with a V3 but its the only one it seen in WNY so far. I'd love to meet up with some locals and get a ride in a modded V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts