Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,917 Posts
Need Fatter Tires. :)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

The car is actually fine in the snow. But not with its summer rubber, and especially not with extra wide summer rubber. Get some Goodyear Eagle M+S tires and the car will go through snow no problem. Do not, however, disengage TC and AH since you're still going to try and sling the car around even though it's snowy (maybe more because it's snowy, I know I do) and there's no getting around the car's inertia and high HP.

I owned Corvettes for about 22 years. I live at the top of a steep 800ft east-facing hill in Massachusetts. We get a lot of snow. With M+S tires on a C5 Corvette, I would have to go around FWD and 4WD cars with "4 season" tires who were stuck. I'd always give 'em a little "toot toot" on the horn to help them realize they bought the wrong kind of car for winter driving. But really, it's all about the tires. With good tires, every car gets around in the snow OK.

· Registered
2,917 Posts
19" wheels. 345s on 12" in the back, 285s on 11" in the front. This is the largest set of tires you can fit without having them poke out from under the fenders or rub something on the inside. They are flush with the outside lip of the fender, and there's about 1/4" of clearance on the back side of the rim to the closest suspension component. You can order your wheels from Best Wheel Deals in FL (a forum vendor, I think) and they can hook you up with rims that have the right offsets. I have that information, but since the guy went to all the trouble of getting it right, it wouldn't be fair to share his hard work with anyone. But I have it, should I need to replace a wheel...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts