Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of dreaming, drooling, and far too many dropped jaws, I am now the owner of a '11 CTS-V coupe. I picked this car up from a small dealer who brought it into his inventory per my request. I knew that it would need alot of TLC but until the car was already mine, I didn't know exactly now much. The more time I spend in/around this thing, the more issues and annoyances I find. That said, I don't know who the previous owner(s) is(are) but based on the condition of this "V", limbs need to be ripped off to beat the inadequate owner(s)... I can't understand how someone can mistreat their own car, regardless of price, but when you look at a work of art like our CTS-Vs, I'm simply baffled at their negligence. Most of the problems with this car are physical issues and a few smaller annoyances.

But I digress... aside from the eyesore, I have fallen in love with this "V" and it is my intention to show it much TLC while I enjoy the ride and restore its condition.

Preaching to the choir here: Everything that turns a CTS into the "V" just fills me with happiness and joy; from the moment you open the door and get in, the roar of just starting the car, putting it into motion, and to the moment you put it back in the garage... this is amazing engineering!! I didn't mention the seat-gluing pull as its the implied part of what makes it the "V"... its the predominant reason why the corners of your lips go upward as your right foot goes downwards...

Me joining this forum is to share ^that^ feeling with the others that have experienced it while I was still merely dreaming... That and I foresee many questions while I embark on my journey restoring and enjoying this "V".

·
Registered
688 Posts
The way you speak of the glorified V makes me question which Glorious V are you speaking of? CTS-Vagina?

Congrats and welcome!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
Pics please

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, too many jokes and puns can be made from the CTS-"V". Maybe engineers were implying something ;)

I wanted to post some pics but the current condition is a bit embarrassing. Yea, I'm being overly critical as it is my car... it does look pretty good as long as you don't get too close or don't look too long... I'll put up a few later and leave the dirty detail for before and after shots

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issues with my "V": all 4 rims are torn up and poorly plasti-dipped on top of that, the tires are dry-rotting, and multiple issues pop up on the dash when starting the car: right rear TPMS sensor, low wiper fluid (its broken), service parking assist. The whole car was repainted poorly and to make it worse, they finished with a heavy duty cutting pad. They made sure that no part of the car was left without swirls. The interior is kinda gross; dirty floors with no mats, dirty vents, and all cracks and crevices have layered dirt. Some small parts are missing on the exterior: headlight washers, fog light trim, trim around exhaust.

Here is where I am starting with my "V": refinish rims, replace right rear TPMS sensor, new tires, replace/repair windshield fluid reservoir, fix parking assist (seems 1 sensor is dead when testing), deep detail inside and out (vacuum, shampoo and steam interior, buff the whole exterior and wax thoroughly). My goal here is to move from the inside, out. I want to get rid of those issue errors when you start the car first. If any of you know what TPMS sensor I need, or parking sensor I need, I would greatly appreciate that info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just remembered another issue... I have the Recaro seats and my driver seat does not fold forward using the little latch behind the seat... I will take it apart one day but just in case, does anyone know a fix for this? Until then, passenger side it is

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your ride! They certainly are a ton of fun. Lots of great info and people on this board. Let us know if we can help you in any way!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just remembered another issue... I have the Recaro seats and my driver seat does not fold forward using the little latch behind the seat... I will take it apart one day but just in case, does anyone know a fix for this? Until then, passenger side it is
There is a TSB to lube the latch on the Recaro. It's possible that the previous owner snapped the cable. It's not too expensive or hard to replace it IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts