Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new heat exchanger and decided I may as well get a better intercooler pump,I was wondering if anyone had an oppinion which is better the ZL1 or Varimax pump, or suggestions? From what I've come across it seems like those two maybe the best two.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
Reactions: Copacetic112

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I've been happy with the CWA100 (I think that is it) I got from @tabio42 . Flows better than Varimax

·
Registered
53 Posts
My list of winter upgrades also included a Pierburg CWA100 pump along with a C&R HX and ZL1 lid. The pump is quiet and flows like a damn!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
If you can find one for a decent price, the OEM ZR1 pump is pretty solid.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Go to Dedicated Motorsports and look up the Pierburg CWA150, it's the replacement for the CWA100 and cost the same amount. Also add an underhood reservoir along with the pump if you don't already have one. Their not practical for icing at the track but the added fluid volume helps with the cooling and more consistent IAT2's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to Dedicated Motorsports and look up the Pierburg CWA150, it's the replacement for the CWA100 and cost the same amount. Also add an underhood reservoir along with the pump if you don't already have one. Their not practical for icing at the track but the added fluid volume helps with the cooling and more consistent IAT2's.
Yes I saw Dedicated motor sports offering the CWA150. The only thing is I saw that the CWA 150 only does 10 gallon per min, compared to the CWA100’s 12 gpm. So I didn’t see how that one was better. Not sure if that really makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I like the ZR1 pump is is also plug & play.

Reactions: Teh V

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The pump came from Dedicated Motorsports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohhh, yea they are saying when you order the CWA-100 they are sending the CWA-150 which they say is better. But I’m having trouble understanding how it’s better. The CWA-150 pumps 10gpm, but the CWA-100 pumps 12gpm. Am I missing something haha

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ohhh, yea they are saying when you order the CWA-100 they are sending the CWA-150 which they say is better. But I’m having trouble understanding how it’s better. The CWA-150 pumps 10gpm, but the CWA-100 pumps 12gpm. Am I missing something haha
You should ask

1 - 20 of 34 Posts