Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Need input on StopTech sport rotors

7K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  PGA2B 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I've had them since 2016 and and had no issues at all with them.

Reactions: Mystical
#6 ·
R1 Concepts are made from Centric (Stoptech) blanks. Made sure the rotors you are getting are made from the premimum blanks and not the economy blanks if you go R1.

Reactions: V_Wagon and m13s
#13 ·
About to instal stoptech slotted on my car next week. I didn’t want drilled rotors myself.
Agreed. On my other car I installed slotted and dimpled rotors for that reason. R1 didn't have that option so I went slotted and drilled on the V. In retrospect, I didn't think of just slotted. However, after a few years no sign of cracks.around the holes so I'm happy.

Reactions: Karch
#9 ·
Only on later years.

#11 ·
I doubt you would see any problems for normal street use. If you were tracking it, go OE or better.

#14 ·
No cracks on mine either and 5 years running.

#15 ·
Just found my invoice- My how things have gone up!!

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

#17 ·
So I noticed that my friend who was Stop Tech, started rusting when compared to my R1s.

He's been happy with the performance, as have I with my "blanks" but without the rust.

#19 ·
Only the fronts and a direct replacement, but Karch says they weigh 1.5lbs more over the OE blanks. Rear clearance is an issue if you go to 15's.

#26 ·
Those are the ones I have and had no fitment issues.

#28 ·
I don’t see how I could adjust the parking brake nor should I have to. I purchased these being told they were a direct replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's like saying you shouldn't have to push the pads/pistons back into the caliper to install the rotors. It's a wear item. Sometimes adjustments need to be made. Does your parking brake work properly? Found this procedure to release and reset tension with a search. Maybe it will help?

Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Disabling (Electric Park Brake)
The park brake cable tension is controlled by the electronic park brake (EPB) module. Tension can be fully released from the park brake cables to allow for service of the park brake system.

Without Scan Tool - Optional Method
1. Block the drive wheels.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position with the engine OFF.
3. Place the automatic transmission in PARK or manual transmission in NEUTRAL, as equipped.
4. Press and hold down the electronic park brake (EPB) switch approximately 5 seconds.
5. Observe the PARK BRAKE lamp on the instrument cluster.
6. When the PARK BRAKE lamp flashes, release then immediately press and release the EPB switch.
The parking brake cable tension is fully released.

Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Enabling (Electric Park Brake)
The park brake cable tension is controlled by the electronic park brake (EPB) module. Cable tension needs to be set and the EPB module needs to be calibrated following the cable tension disabling procedure. Perform one of the following two methods to fully restore cable tension.

Without Scan Tool - Optional Method
1. Block the drive wheels.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position with the engine OFF.
3. Apply the brake pedal.
4. Place the automatic transmission in PARK or manual transmission in NEUTRAL, as equipped.
5. Momentarily lift then release the EPB switch to apply the EPB.
6. Momentarily press down then release the EPB switch to release the EPB.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 to cycle the EPB on then off an additional 4 times.
8. The EPB module will be calibrated and proper tension will be applied to the parking brake cables.

Found here for reference- Park Brake not Holding

Reactions: Blown376
#30 ·
Thanks I’ll give that a try. Parking brake works properly. The opening on the oem rotors is much larger than the Stoptechs to clear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. Wonder if you just got a set improperly machined on the back? Although the chances of getting 2 bad parts together seems very low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.