Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car has been idling rough at low RPM but when I get it up to 1,200 rpm or so it smooths right out. Thought it might be dirty injectors so I decided to take them out and give them a clean. Needless to say getting the rails and injectors out was a bitch because they are tucked under the edge of the super charger. I was able to get the retainer clips off and get everything out but is there a trick to putting it all back together? I didn't remove the rails from the car, maybe I should have? Should I put the clips on the injectors first, get them in position and then install the rail? Is it possible to get the rail in place with the injectors already clipped to it? Sorry, bit of a noob here but I don't want to screw this up.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Yeah you should just remove the rails and install the injectors on the rail prior to reinstalling everything. Makes it a lot easier.

WD 40 does the trick for lubing the injector orings nicely, though on the V they slip in pretty easily compared to some other vehicles I’ve worked on. Fuel injector shop told me the WD40 trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
It's much easier installing the injectors to the supercharger when already on the fuel rail.
I lightly coat the o-rings with clean motor oil before install.

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
I just use water and soap to lube the injector o-rings before installing. You definitely have to spit on it and shove it in the hole.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just use water and soap to lube the injector o-rings before installing. You definitely have to spit on it and shove it in the hole
Sound advice indeed...LOL

It just seems like there is very little room to angle the injectors into place when they are already attached to the rail. However, I will take your advice and push forward.

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
Sound advice indeed...LOL

It just seems like there is very little room to angle the injectors into place when they are already attached to the rail. However, I will take your advice and push forward.
It's a lot easier if you haven't put a ring on the blower yet. As soon as you exchange vows, it stops blowing and the holes shrink up so tight you're not getting anything in there - I don't care how hard you push or how well you lube it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have the retainer clip part number? I had to destroy them when i removed the rail. So far I have tried 12570620 and 12606359. Neither one look like the right part number. Are the clips different for aftermarket injectors?

·
Registered
858 Posts
12606359 would be correct, same as oem injectors. How are you trying to put them on? Seems like you're over thinking this.

O destroyed when you took them off... Why? clearance?

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
My model doesn't have a belt driven intake, which is ok, but yes, aluminum360 is correct. I have proof I'm telling the truth.
BS without pics.

!)

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
452 Posts
😄 I think I've been on here long enough to know that's probably against my better judgement There too many of them to get them gathered together at the same time to TAKE a picture.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
12606359 would be correct, same as oem injectors. How are you trying to put them on? Seems like you're over thinking this.

O destroyed when you took them off... Why? clearance?
I could not get the fuel rails out from under the blower with the injectors connected to them. I have never done this before and was unsure how to get the clips to release. Consequently I defaulted to my standard brute force method and proceeded to grab one side of the clip with needle nose pliers and pull until said clip unraveled and pulled out from behind the injector. Yes I realize I am a gorilla and the scars on my hands show it. For future reference, how should it be done? Is there a special tool or do you just spread the clips like a snap ring? I could barely see in there let alone get my pliers into that tight space. Again, I did not disconnect the rails or most of the hoses. I disconnected the coil packs and obviously the injector wires but that was it.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
452 Posts
I'm pretty sure I just used my fingers on the clips and pushed the opposite way from the open "u" portion.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Pick tool, small flathead. Doesn't take much force to pop them towards the outside, or the open side of the clip. Sometimes push down towards the injector on the rail to take a little pressure off the clip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for advice. Hopefully I never have to do this again. So far it doesn't seem like any of the injectors were plugged. The resistance across all 8 of them ranged from 12.6 - 13.2 ohms (micro ohms? can't remember). My idle problem will probably end up being something else. I'll clean the MAF and replace the fuel rail pressure sensor while I'm at it to see if that helps. I really hope this isn't a fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sounds like a plug wire. Usually a single cylinder misfire will smooth out around 1200rpm or so. Check all the wires and make sure they're secure... If they are use an infrared to check all the primaries on a cold start to narrow it down some.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like a plug wire. Usually a single cylinder misfire will smooth out around 1200rpm or so. Check all the wires and make sure they're secure... If they are use an infrared to check all the primaries on a cold start to narrow it down some.
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I'll try that once I get everything put back together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts