Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Nav Issue

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  White Lightning 
#1 ·
So, over the last couple of days, on the "SECOND" Start of the day, I get the "Spinning Wheel of Death" on both the displays (Speedo and CUE).

The first time, I just pulled over and shut the car off, opened the door, closed the door, and restarted it. No change.

Later in the day after I shut it off and went into a store, then back, it worked fine.

Then, today, same issue. But, it seem to come back if I shut it down, walk away, and then come back....

Ideas?

I did have the CUE screen replaced about two weeks ago, right before I took position of the car, because it "spider webbed".....

#4 ·
Where is the hard drive? Is it part of the "CUE" system??

Can I replace it with an SSD? (That's a joke....it's under warranty, so......)

I'm adding it to my list.....

Wiper fluid not pumping, center console door not closing, and now the Nav system.....

BUT STILL an awesome car!!!

#5 ·
Sometimes a dying battery will cause problems with the electronic systems in these cars. As preventative maintenance, it wouldn’t hurt to replace it if it is the original older battery. The original AGM battery in my V3 started dying when it was slightly less than 3 years old and was replaced under warranty. The Cue system would run very slow.

#7 ·
SO, since the "BATTERY ISSUE" was brought up earlier, I decided to pull up the Battery Volts page on the display while I was driving around this afternoon.

For awhile, it was showing 12.6 volts.

Then later, it was showing about 13.6 to 13.8 volts....

SO.....Bad Battery? Charging system? Ops normal????

#8 ·
When I was driving my 2016 V to work this morning, I was seeing 13.8 to 14.3 volts with the air conditioning on. 12.6 volts sounds too low like the battery may be getting weak.

Also, as far as battery replacements, I would stick with the original type ACDelco AGM battery. The factory battery is sealed with the exception of the vent tubes which are specifically engineered to vent the hydrogen gases out of the trunk…..something that cannot be done with a normal Interstate battery which vents to atmosphere.

Lastly, if you have a GM warranty, see if you can get your dealer to look at the car. I would definitely tell them about the suspected low battery charging output.

#10 ·
I hear you….and that is what the dealer told me also, until the problem got worse and the car would not start. After the battery was replaced these issues went away. I know that the voltage regulator output in these cars is controlled by the pcm. I am just sharing my first hand experience with this issue.

#12 ·
I would have them test the battery at the dealership. Everything else sounds like it sound be covered under cpo warranty. I had them change out my cue screen to brand new back in December it went bad and was totally covered under cpo warranty no hassle at all. Just take it to the dealer if tot haven’t already. If you haven’t what are you waiting for?

#13 ·
It's at the dealer as we speak (I've got a sweet, yet wimpy CT5 as a loaner car over the holiday weekend).

The CUE screen was replaced the day I picked the car us (due to spider webbing. They caught it two days before. I'm glad the screen got there when it did, otherwise I would have been stuck in the pipeline gas shortage BS....)

Now I'm waiting on a Windshield Washer Pump, and the door that covers the cup holders!

So, we'll see what the verdict is!

#14 ·
The NAV not booting up is a known issues. My NAV does not come up 50% of the time. I have talked to Cadillac several times. The dealer has also tried reloading the SW and still not working. They then talked to engineering and said they were aware. The problem started at the last Over The Air update. I called to get an update but still no info on when we can expect a fix. I suggest you get it on record with a dealer shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.